Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Hoglander + 2025 1st round pick ?
I like Protas a lot but VAN would be stupid to do that, I think Hoglander alone is a better player (even if I don't think he's going to shoot 25% again like last year!)

I don't envision any team wanting to make a change right up before training camp but I think Protas would basically be a Malenstyn 2.0 -- don't want/need to move him but certainly not irreplaceable if someone is willing to overpay. I think right now that would probably be a 1st round pick but next summer could be interesting with Miro and Leonard theoretically needing roster spots.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Not sure why teams would give up assets for Protas. Hes been fine in his role but nothing fancy about his game. its like a trade for trades sake.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I think it will be interesting to see what kinds of moves happen post camp (or through it). I think some teams will not like what they see in camp and make some moves. Caps may be one of them. It’s seemingly clear that Oshie will not be on the roster to start the season and maybe not at all which means we have some cap space. I’m not sure what I would want caps to do until we see how Camp shakes out but we could use an upgrade for true top 6 LW. But maybe that is Mangiapani. Or Milano sticks in top 6. Or Miro grabs a spot. But ready for camp to see how things shake out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1726503451830.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad