Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Hall-less Debbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Caps were in the Devils zone for most part of the game and Devils showed some life until the 3rd and fell apart. Can't complain at all, except cut down the dumb penalties. 2 Pts!

Reactions: Corby78

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Good enough game, did what we should've
Another strong game from 3rd line, they've been rock steady for many games lately, let's see them start potting some more
1st line rocked it too, gotta love multi-point games from the big boys
props to 77 for horse collaring Coleman right after he did the same to ?Gudas? forget who

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Yeah I agree he should be traded while he still has value.

I know it's Friday night somewhere. Please be careful.

source.gif

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Coincidental minors to Hathaway and Wood was the most ridiculous thing i think i've seen this season. Simmonds hauls down Hathaway and falls on top of him, with Wood lying on the ice next to them. Simmonds stays top of Hathaway and Wood comes to the top of him also and they both start swinging at Hathaway who is trying to swing back from the ice with 2 huge guys on top of him punching at him.

Not that it matters though, i think they scored 2 goals on that 4-on-4 but what the hell was that?

Wood acting tough was pretty embarrassing. That incident and the other drawing a fight against Jensen. That's like Wilson going with Vatanen or Hischier. Pretty sure he saw his life flashing in his eyes when he saw Wilson coming at him when Jensen dropped the gloves.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Maybe this is his norm....

The 2nd line was the only line that didn't give up a high-danger scoring chance against. They certainly didn't have a great game but it's not like they were terrible. I much rather have a line give up 9 chances where none are high-danger ones as opposed to 5 chances and 2 high-danger chances, but maybe that's just me. Scoring chances are always going to happen but if they are low % ones then you are expecting the goalies to get them. High-danger chances are actually the ones that you need to prevent especially as Holtby is struggling (35 high-danger goals against is most in the league) to save them. The easy ones he's going to pick up all day long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Spade

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I didn't read all the way thru it but are we really slamming Jensen for that lack of fight in that fight? I watched the game on MSG and maybe the Caps crew didn't show what I saw.

1. Wood ran Jensen but Jensen knocked him on his ass. It pissed off Wood and Jensen accepted the challenge.
2. Wood's hand went between the front of Jensen's lid and the top of his visor. It was caught. That is why Jensen's head got twisted like that and why he fell. Its why his lid was ripped off his head. It was still attached to Wood's hand when it came off Jensen's head.

Reactions: itsjustsurvival

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I didn't read all the way thru it but are we really slamming Jensen for that lack of fight in that fight? I watched the game on MSG and maybe the Caps crew didn't show what I saw.

1. Wood ran Jensen but Jensen knocked him on his ass. It pissed off Wood and Jensen accepted the challenge.
2. Wood's hand went between the front of Jensen's lid and the top of his visor. It was caught. That is why Jensen's head got twisted like that and why he fell. Its why his lid was ripped off his head. It was still attached to Wood's hand when it came off Jensen's head.

I'm actually very glad that no punches were landed and that the fight was a dud. Jensen doesn't need to get injured while he's playing his best stretch of hockey of the season.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Seems like the collective group here wasn't slamming Jensen for the fight, rather a noted non Caps fan Jensen hater that seems to only frequent these parts to shit on him

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I just care about Kuzy when playoffs start. That’s (unfortunately) when I think he starts caring
If anyone had doubts about whether she doesn’t care much, that effort on “pizza” served to him pretty much confirmed it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm actually very glad that no punches were landed and that the fight was a dud. Jensen doesn't need to get injured while he's playing his best stretch of hockey of the season.

Truthfully he was more likely to get hurt with what happened than exchanging blows with Wood. It was like the situation where Kempny was injured. But I do see your point. That said, I think Jensen felt the need to stand up for himself and I understand that. He is still trying to prove himself and letting Tom Wilson fight his battles for him doesn't fix his problem. Its clearly against his principles to use his stick as he wont take any kind of stick penalty. He did what he needed to do and I give him props

Reactions: twabby

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If anyone had doubts about whether she doesn’t care much, that effort on “pizza” served to him pretty much confirmed it.

That's the same move that knocked the Penguins out. The goalie just didn't take the bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad