Proposal: Caps/Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Ilya Samsonov for Jake Allen. Obviously not a one for one trade. With Price still being out for this season and a somewhat unknown for next season, Samsonov can be part of the Habs rebuild while having Primeau developing in the AHL. While Allen has been a great backup to Price, I would think he would want a chance to play for playoff team again. Throw in Sprong to make the cap hit exchange close. Maybe Habs send a pick or prospect back along with Allen?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Ilya Samsonov for Jake Allen. Obviously not a one for one trade. With Price still being out for this season and a somewhat unknown for next season, Samsonov can be part of the Habs rebuild while having Primeau developing in the AHL. While Allen has been a great backup to Price, I would think he would want a chance to play for playoff team again. Throw in Sprong to make the cap hit exchange close. Maybe Habs send a pick or prospect back along with Allen?
As a Caps fan, f*** No. That is all.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Is the expletive necessary? You don't even explain why not.
Jake Allen will never be any better than he is now which is providing questionable play for a team with aspirations of the Lottery. Samsonov ain’t much but the thought of adding to him for Jake Allen makes me physically ill. Samsonov is playing himself into a low cap hit. Take it, keep him, and try to nurture him. Don’t just immediately default to the worst possible scenario, aka paying something tangible for Jake Allen.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Unlikely Montreal trade Allen .

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
As a Habs fan, f*** No. That is all.
Samsonov personally has more Wins than the Montreal Canadiens this season. He also has better numbers than every Canadiens goalie that has played more than 4 Games this season.

Though if all you have to look forward to is which way the ping pong balls blow, I suppose you could say No, it’d be stupid but you could.

• Haha
Reactions: Garbageyuk

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
As a fan of neither team, I hate this for the caps.

Samsonov is a home grown 1st round pick goalie that is almost 7 years younger than Allen.

He is going to hold a ton more value to the Caps than other teams.

As far as actual value, it may not be that far off, but I don't see any Washington fan liking this one.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
That's a F***ing ridiculous statement. He has an over 900 save percentage on the last place team in the league. But he belongs in the AHL
He’s 31. What team with aspirations higher then the Lottery wants him? The Capitals have Zach Fucale in the AHL who I’d rather start at the NHL Level than Jake Allen today.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Samsonov personally has more Wins than the Montreal Canadiens this season. He also has better numbers than every Canadiens goalie that has played more than 4 Games this season.

Though if all you have to look forward to is which way the ping pong balls blow, I suppose you could say No, it’d be stupid but you could.

WSH adds.

Reactions: viceroy

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Allen has already stated he doesn't want to be traded it's unlikely that Gorton / Hughes trade him.
Okay, if Allen said that then I respect that. With Price's future uncertain at the moment, I could see why Allen would want to stay and be the current #1 goalie. I just thought maybe he would he like to play for a playoff team again.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Jake Allen is 31 and after the season he has had, who on Earth would want him? He belongs in the AHL.
wow these dumb takes are so exhausting. nothing worse than these sanctimonious takes when it's clear you have zero context and don't watch the habs. I don't even know why i f***ing respond. did you follow habs last year? the number of injuries, the covid issues, one of the only teams forced to literally play every second day? you know allen carried that team into the playoffs as price was injured half the year?
you know they had the shortest (along with TB) offseason in history? you know they are close to 575 man games lost to injury this year, with buffalo being second and nearly 125 games behind? You know the team was garbage under ducharme and allen played injured until he was shut down for 2 months. tonight behind his first night back. you know all this stuff right? no you don't, or you wouldn't post you ludicrous takes in here

Reactions: viceroy

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
and this answer is precisely why everything you write in here is irrelevant
Allen has been the Habs primary starter this season, where are they currently, pray tell. I suppose you could argue the only way to go is Up but, well here we are. Remember when Montembeault was good? Yeah, me either.

Last edited:

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Ill say no, and extend that same answer for the incoming topics from Stephen where he wants to trade Samsonov++ for Jones and Anderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad