Proposal: Caps-Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Zero chance from Washington’s perspective. Mantha was a beast last year but he was snake bit at the end of the season and into the playoffs. He hit three posts or so against Boston that could have changed how that series went. He holds a lot more value than Armia any way and this would be terrible asset management as we’d essentially have traded Vrana + Panik (cap dump) + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick for Armia… woof.

And this is from someone who has always liked Armia more than most.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
The Habs I don't see making a hockey type of trade until closer to the draft. Come back to this in about 3-4 months and we will see where things are.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
You wouldnt trade armia for mantha? You cant be serious now
At this stage of team history, no.

Habs are rebuilding. Theybare trying to trade away veterans and expiring contracts for pics and prospects.

If we trade Armia it's for ypung assets and pics. Not 5.7 million dollar wingers with 3 years remaining who are out indefinitely.

We have enough players in LTIR. Don't want to add more.

The Mantha ship has sailed.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Don’t worry Buddy I wouldn’t even touch this with your hands. You should just hope someone from your fanbase burns it with fire and scorches it from the Internet because it’s infernally stupid.

Mantha
208PTs 326 Career GMs

Armia
132PTs 373 Career GMs

Mantha is a decent Middle 6 Player with a Shoot First mentality that scores bunches more than Armia.

Armia just literally sucks and I’m not sure what he’s good at. Habs fans claiming they wouldn’t do this deal or that Caps add (?) just shows the detachment that comes from watching a season of meaningless hockey. With a team that’s saddled for a while with a bunch of bad contracts Mtl fans should be ready for it to get worse before it gets better. I get Mtl needs something to feel good about but everyone sees through every single Habs fan attempt to prop up their mediocre players. There are Cap Dumps, Contract Dumps, Armia is just a Dump.

im a habs fan and even I wonder if the intent of this OP is to troll someone. Mantha >>>>>>>>>>>>Armia.
I would say Armia's greatest strength is that he can protect the puck like nobody's business. However the guy could be an elite player if he could play 100% every day! OMG he is frustrating; you will see him have a game or two where he is unstoppable, uses his size and puck control to perfection, goes in the areas where it hurts and makes the right plays. Then you dont see him for 40 games. Anyways, i dont see any reason to keep the guy other than to fill a shirt; i think we can get someone better for leadership and 4th line roles at a lower price.

Reactions: montreal

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Don’t worry Buddy I wouldn’t even touch this with your hands. You should just hope someone from your fanbase burns it with fire and scorches it from the Internet because it’s infernally stupid.

Mantha
208PTs 326 Career GMs

Armia
132PTs 373 Career GMs

Mantha is a decent Middle 6 Player with a Shoot First mentality that scores bunches more than Armia.

Armia just literally sucks and I’m not sure what he’s good at. Habs fans claiming they wouldn’t do this deal or that Caps add (?) just shows the detachment that comes from watching a season of meaningless hockey. With a team that’s saddled for a while with a bunch of bad contracts Mtl fans should be ready for it to get worse before it gets better. I get Mtl needs something to feel good about but everyone sees through every single Habs fan attempt to prop up their mediocre players. There are Cap Dumps, Contract Dumps, Armia is just a Dump.
So Armia sucks more than Mantha. If we could trade him right away for a better return then i would think the Caps would go that route. Just don't want Mantha at that price.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
So Armia sucks more than Mantha. If we could trade him right away for a better return then i would think the Caps would go that route. Just don't want Mantha at that price.
At what price is Armia worth anything? This is not a player you trade any fungible assets for.

Mantha is a known quantity and demonstrably superior to Armia at basically every level. Wsh could have been left out of this proposal entirely. We don’t need to dump Mantha’s salary when we’d much rather simply have him in the lineup. I’d hold out hope that happens faster than I’d hold out hope Armia becomes worth anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad