Proposal: Caps-Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
This trade might happen simply because Mantha is French Canadian, however this fan isn't interested in him.

Also 5.7 mill is a no go for the current Habs.
Also LTIR.

Yup... not interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLNY

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
No for the same reasons the Mahleezer posted.

Mantha as way more value than Armia in a trade. If their GM is dumb enough to accept the trade. You do it and then you can trade Mantha for a bigger return than what Armia would bring.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Always liked Armia but this is ridiculous. And Caps need to retain too?

Also Mantha with Caps 24 games and 14 points, while he can do better, thats not much of underachieving with a new team. He has just been injured. Giving up on him because the injury would essentially mean we gave up 1st and Vrana for underachieving Armia. Lol.

Reactions: Habsrule

Gaud

May 11, 2017
What? I am a habs fan and Mantha has WAY more value than Armia. As GM i do this deal even if it is only to get more value when i flip Mantha to another team later.

Reactions: HabsQC

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I am baffled by the Habs fans in this thread saying they wouldn't do it or the Caps would need to retain. This trade would be highway robbery for the Canadiens, there is no compelling reason for Montreal to consider turning this trade down.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
See guys, this is what happens when you wake up on a Saturday morning still drunk and first thing you do is decide to make a trade proposal on Hfboards. OP is delusional if they think this is something Washington would even entertain at all.

Counter offer. Armia to Caps for a 2nd and Montreal retains 25%

Reactions: Hector Salamanca

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
as a habs fan this isn't close at all . i can't wait till my favourite caps poster gets his hands on this . (stephenpeat)
Don’t worry Buddy I wouldn’t even touch this with your hands. You should just hope someone from your fanbase burns it with fire and scorches it from the Internet because it’s infernally stupid.

Mantha
208PTs 326 Career GMs

Armia
132PTs 373 Career GMs

Mantha is a decent Middle 6 Player with a Shoot First mentality that scores bunches more than Armia.

Armia just literally sucks and I’m not sure what he’s good at. Habs fans claiming they wouldn’t do this deal or that Caps add (?) just shows the detachment that comes from watching a season of meaningless hockey. With a team that’s saddled for a while with a bunch of bad contracts Mtl fans should be ready for it to get worse before it gets better. I get Mtl needs something to feel good about but everyone sees through every single Habs fan attempt to prop up their mediocre players. There are Cap Dumps, Contract Dumps, Armia is just a Dump.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
See guys, this is what happens when you wake up on a Saturday morning still drunk and first thing you do is decide to make a trade proposal on Hfboards. OP is delusional if they think this is something Washington would even entertain at all.

Counter offer. Armia to Caps for a 2nd and Montreal retains 25%
I thought we agreed that was just what everyone does.

As for Armia I don’t see a single reason the Caps would have any interest.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
In case the horse isn't already dead... Aside from Mantha's 10 game rookie season, Armia's career high points per game is worse than Mantha's career low in points per game.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Absolutely I would do this deal from a Habs point of view. I’d do it a million times over. Problem is that if you called up the Caps GM and proposed that deal I’m sure they’d just hang up the phone.

Bruhin

Sep 22, 2018
Edmonton
Must be some good Sh*t

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-19_10-34-44.gif
    upload_2022-2-19_10-34-44.gif
    399.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I thought we agreed that was just what everyone does.

As for Armia I don’t see a single reason the Caps would have any interest.
Haha maybe so. It is winter in Canada after all and people maybe have to much time to indulge.

As for Armia, as a Jets fan (Caps is my adopted team due to sons fandom) I can say that Armia does have a lot of good qualities and can be very useful if placed with the proper line mates. Main downfall is his give a shit meter, but that seems to be a recurring theme in Mtl this season. On the Jets playoff run of 2018 and on the Habs run last year he was actually very good.

thebonscott

Jun 1, 2017
Mantha as way more value than Armia in a trade. If their GM is dumb enough to accept the trade. You do it and then you can trade Mantha for a bigger return than what Armia would bring.
Understand that Mantha better player but his contract way higher....would give caps more room to add a second player to their roster...and Mantha always injured. Habs could flip Mantha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad