GDT: Caps Flyers 3pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
So who does Cristall bump out of the opening night lineup. His playmaking is exactly what this lineup is lacking.

Maybe Milano. Maybe. See how this goes. I don't think Berard was lying when he said how special he thinks Cristall is.

Jake not making a case for himself so far.

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
Jake not making a case for himself so far.
Yeah, he's been underwhelming. I'm trying to making excuses for him in my head, and the best I have (besides the obvious that this is a single game) is that he's at a disadvantage because his center (Lapierre) is not desperate to make an impression today.

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Mateiko and Allen have done well so far too. TVR having a bit off an off night, but certainly also in the no need to stand out group.

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Postgame thoughts:
1) was very nice to be back in Cap One, super excited for the season
2) Cristall looked great. He just has the sauce offensively in a way I haven't seen from one of our forward prospects in a while, his skating looks improved and while no one will mistake him for a straight-line burner he looked quick and agile enough. Deserves another game or two at least hopefully with actual NHL linemates
3) Miro picked up where he left off last year.
4) Frank and Vrana are AHLers
5) Lappy didn't look great but I'd like to see him with a winger pairing that makes a bit more sense
6) Rybysnki has passed Sutter on the 4th liner depth chart
7) Mateiko looks like he could be a Protas-like big bodied 3rd liner in a couple of years
8) Allen can skate but not much else
9) none of Bear, AA, or TVR inspired any confidence
10) Shepard is not an NHL level player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad