Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Broons - Apr 18 Noon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I desperately wanna watch Wilson knock Marchand into the back row every time I see the Caps play the Bruins. Actually, just every time I see his face.

But I also know the more injured this team gets, the greater the chances the Rags make the playoffs. I hate conflicting feelings.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
VV gonna get pulled again?
Honestly I don't think any of the goals today are on him.

Absolutely bonkers SHG with a stick flying in front of him. Unstoppable backdoor pass to a wide open man. Whatever the hell you want to call that play.

He's been solid, the team in front of him has done him no favors.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
This Mantha trade is going to turn into an absolute home run for us. He’s going to explode here.
There is a difference between looking disinterested on basically the most dominant regular season team of the last 10 years and a team that has essentially been garbage since 2008. I feel like people who were trying to say Vrana and Mantha were the same were ignoring that one guy had a pretty legit reason to be checked out and the other one was gifted a team to play on that other guys would kill for.

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Think I've seen Mantha play more defense and throw more checks in 4 games than Vrana's entire career... and I'm like only half kidding.

Vrana only really hit coming off a scratch or a benching. When he did hit someone, he would approach the hit like his top priority was not getting hurt. He never had a great angle on the guy to force a turnover. It was merely enough to get credit for a hit in the stats.

And I'm not trying to hate on the kid, I loved his time here. Not every player can do everything, but with Vrana, I feel like a few little tweaks to his game, he would have been an extremely effective player. Frustrating.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Taylor Hall has been MIA.

Really unsure who I'd rather play in the playoffs BOS or NYR.

I’m sure Hall’s production will benefit from the system and talent around him, but he’s just not the guy we used to see in New Jersey. It’s a little sad to watch, but I’m glad we didn’t grab him.

Boston any day. We don’t know how to beat the Rags, it seems. That said, I think when you’re a young team with few expectations, you don’t ever take your foot off the gas because what have you got to lose? (Hence Buffalo are playing better now than 2 months ago, even undermanned). Does that change if the Rags young players suddenly find themselves in the playoff?

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
For those telling me Mantha plays disinterested I don't see it at least not yet. I have not seen him in the few games with Detroit I watched and haven't so far as a Cap. Perhaps, this is due to a change of scenery or not, however I like what I see.

Reactions: Corby78

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That's a b.s. call. Just an excuse to get GH in the box to settle him down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad