GDT: Caps at Preds-3/30/14

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
Yet he magically still leads the league in goals. You didn't really answer my question, he can't suck or 'not be that great anymore' because the opposition goes out of there way to make sure their best D-man is on the ice when #8 is.

Also, surely it would be easier to score goals 5 on 5 if was playing with Kuzya and Grabo. Is that not a fair assessment? Teams just shut Ovi down because they don't have to be scared of Beagle and MoJo but that wouldn't be the case if he was with the other 2 i mentioned right?

They put their best D men against him because he leads the league in goals.

He's a goal scorer. That's what he is supposed to do. If he isn't scoring goals then quite frankly he's useless to this team. He doesn't do anything when the puck isn't on his stick that I couldn't do if I were out there.

As far as the crappy linemates, that's a lame excuse. He's played with crappier linemates and excelled at it. Back when he played with heart and actually got excited when he scored a goal.

Ovechkin's only job on this team is to score goals. It is literally the only thing he's good at. When he doesn't score goals it's akin to a goaltender who gives up a bunch of goals a game.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
We always get excuses for the playoff defeats, so I'm really interested in what Oates/GMGM/Ted come up with after not making them altogether. Should be fun.

Ted is a con artist all the way back to his AOL days. Three things he's great at:

Selling a crappy product
Refusing to improve said crappy product
Making up BS excuses

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
They put their best D men against him because he leads the league in goals.

He's a goal scorer. That's what he is supposed to do. If he isn't scoring goals then quite frankly he's useless to this team. He doesn't do anything when the puck isn't on his stick that I couldn't do if I were out there.

As far as the crappy linemates, that's a lame excuse. He's played with crappier linemates and excelled at it. Back when he played with heart and actually got excited when he scored a goal.

Ovechkin's only job on this team is to score goals. It is literally the only thing he's good at. When he doesn't score goals it's akin to a goaltender who gives up a bunch of goals a game.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :handclap:

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Our offensive "system" makes the rink smaller. Very easy to play defense against them 5-5. Just not much puck movement or use of the whole rink.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The scariest part about Oates is he is a critical part of Wilson, Kuyza, Orlov, and a few other prospects development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad