Capitals to purchase CapFriendly website (UPD: Capitals hiring all capfriendly owners, beat out other teams that wanted to buy capfriendly)

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Damn its going to be really sad to see CapFriendly go away in a couple of weeks or so. Already so many offseason moves happening and my second go to source after going to HFBoards to read about these moves is to go to CF to see what financial impact it has on a team or what they gave up in a trade etc.

Going to miss CF so much. 😭 😭 😭

Reactions: Curufinwe

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
You also had sites like HockeysCap. They were the ones who created the "Armchair GM" tool that eventually ended up on Capfriendly.

As far as I remember, CapGeek really started that with their fantasy roster tools? NHLNumbers was the OG of all of them, but mostly did the hard work curating the initial data set, didn't really dip into any calculators/tools immediately.

There was a tweet in here somewhere that ~25% of the league had a tool/system already. Has anyone reported on how many teams don't or which ones are scrambling? I'm curious if it correlates at all to team performance, spend or anything of note or if it's just random.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
As far as I remember, CapGeek really started that with their fantasy roster tools? NHLNumbers was the OG of all of them, but mostly did the hard work curating the initial data set, didn't really dip into any calculators/tools immediately.

There was a tweet in here somewhere that ~25% of the league had a tool/system already. Has anyone reported on how many teams don't or which ones are scrambling? I'm curious if it correlates at all to team performance, spend or anything of note or if it's just random.
CapGeek did have something similar, but I'm meaning the specific one that ended up on Capfriendly. HockeysCap had it on their own site, but then joined Capfriendly and brought it there.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
CapGeek did have something similar, but I'm meaning the specific one that ended up on Capfriendly. HockeysCap had it on their own site, but then joined Capfriendly and brought it there.
CapGeek was the pioneer of making it a super pleasing user interface. Not accusing CF of anything but once capgeek was gone, CF took a lot of the appearance and UI and integrated it into their site.

I imagine building sites like that is easier now compared to 2015-ish (or whenever capgeek's heyday was) so if there's a site wanting to push it, I think they can. Sounds like PuckPedia is willing to put the effort it. They should be working with some web designers right now looking at CF and trying to mimic it. The appearance and UI is what is holding PP back at the moment though I would hardly say it's an insurmountable feat to overcome.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I know this is about the Capitals buying capfriendly.com but did they buy hockeydb.com too? They haven’t updated any of their stats since game five of the Finals???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad