GDT: Capitals @ Redwings March 16th, 2011 7:30pm

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Dec 4, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
I was disappointing with the over-passing. Howard didnt look that great and I think the guys didnt seem to realize that. Semin fired a late shot from far out that got past him but not in the net, if they had a few more minutes and maybe realized that sooner you think they could have gotten the tie.

Oh well, this seems to work out for Bruce cause he is def going to be looking for an excuse to play Holtby again before Varly gets healthy.

Poor Neuvy got the trap game.

doodoostains

Jan 21, 2011
Holtby looked just as shaky last night though. He could have been massacred by Detroit's forecheck.

Could have been. It's all hindsight after the game. Minus the first goal he looked solid. I want this kid to start, bad. Plus, I don't think you should interrupt a winning streak, but i'm a superstitious artard!

Vladiator16*

Damn... i guess, all good things have to come to an end... too many chances we couldn't capitalize on, Knuble with a dumb penalty and Nuvy didn't have a good game.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Great game to watch. No complaints, really. Well, taking the L, but still. A tired Caps team played a rested Redwings team really well. Lots of good chances lost because of tired sticks, but what're you going to do?

Onward.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
3-2 With top 2 centers and a top D out on a back to back isn't horrendous. Hell, looking at toi Caps were rolling 3 forward lines+1 and 5 D. All in all not a bad effort.

Vladiator16*

Great game to watch. No complaints, really. Well, taking the L, but still. A tired Caps team played a rested Redwings team really well. Lots of good chances lost because of tired sticks, but what're you going to do?

Onward.
Yep... without our 1 and 2c's, and a 20 to 30 goal scorer from the blue line... too bad we lost. Its OK thou. Also, i wanted to say, whomever said we are better without Green should have his head examined.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Leave your #1 on the shelf too long and look what ****ing happens. Looked like he was a little gun shy on head level shots though.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
3-2 With top 2 centers and a top D out on a back to back isn't horrendous. Hell, looking at toi Caps were rolling 3 forward lines+1 and 5 D. All in all not a bad effort.

It just smarts a little because Detroit pretty much played as sloppily and lazily as we did. By the time we pummel New Jersey, I'll be over it.

selkie

Feb 9, 2009
Niceville, FL
Originally Posted by khuddle View Post
Detroit PA guy just referred to #8 as "ALEC Ovechkin". Jack-a**.

It's actually not a slam against the guy, just something of a JLA tradition at this point to screw up Russian names on either team playing. I spent years listening Bud Lynch pronounce Viacheslav Fetisov about 27 different ways, none of them seeming quite correct.

crashman

Detroit PA guy just referred to #8 as "ALEC Ovechkin". Jack-a**.

:laugh: I knew Caps fans would have a problem with that one.

I'm starting to think Bud Lynch does that kind of thing on purpose, he also called Crosby "Steven Crosby"....or maybe it's that he's 93 years old and doesn't follow hockey anymore outside of the Red Wings.

The mans name is Bud Lynch, and he's no jackass...he's a war hero.

capsfan528

Dec 20, 2008
i can be alright with this loss considering backstrom, arnott, fehr and green were all out and also considering it was on the 2nd half of back to backs..oh well get ready to beat new jersey on friday

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
:laugh: I knew Caps fans would have a problem with that one.

I'm starting to think Bud Lynch does that kind of thing on purpose, he also called Crosby "Steven Crosby"....or maybe it's that he's 93 years old and doesn't follow hockey anymore outside of the Red Wings.

The mans name is Bud Lynch, and he's no jackass...he's a war hero.

Jesus, he really is 93. I thought you were just exaggerating.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Need Arnott back, Semin not the same.

Would of liked to see how the team did with Backstrom, Arnott, and Green. Meh as long as we don't go on a downturn like we did last year after our win streak, we should be good.

ColincampbellOscopy

Jan 15, 2009
Holtby is a pretty awesome goalie. They're all young, they all make some stupid mistakes, but Holtby is pretty solid. I love this guy. I hope he starts very, very, soon.

Not saying Holtby's bad, saying Neuvirth should be your number 1 and they should start acting like it. Neuvy gets rusty when he sits and stronger the more he plays. I'd rather they stop tiptoeing around it and give the kid the net.

DaFranzenator

May 10, 2009
????
True, but at this point Pizza Hut would have to pay me to buy one of their pizzas.

Lol so true, absolutely disgusting! Just wanted to say great game guys, its always a treat to watch two highly skilled teams go at it! Washington is such a dangerous team and I cringed every time Ovie had the puck around our net(Sidney who?). I honestly believe we just witnessed a preview of this years Stanley Cup finals. Oh, and to the guy who was talking about all the empty seats...the game was completely sold out. A lot of the lower bowl seats are corporate owned so sometimes people don't always use the tickets. Anyway, good luck the rest of the way!!

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We don't have a goalie controversy, brewing... right? FWIW I did NOT like Bruce proclaiming today that he was trying to find his number 1. Even if he is, he just told us a few weeks ago that he found his 1. I wonder if Neuvy heard that. And he lost, the f'in GWG off his head. Sure it was Detroit and we were shorthanded back to back travel tired hungover blah blah blah. It doesnt change what Bruce said today.

I wonder if Varly will now steal the game 1 start.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
We don't have a goalie controversy, brewing... right? FWIW I did NOT like Bruce proclaiming today that he was trying to find his number 1. Even if he is, he just told us a few weeks ago that he found his 1. I wonder if Neuvy heard that. And he lost, the f'in GWG off his head. Sure it was Detroit and we were shorthanded back to back travel tired hungover blah blah blah. It doesnt change what Bruce said today.

I wonder if Varly will now steal the game 1 start.

You're legitimately shocked that Bruce is doing this? lol

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
You're legitimately shocked that Bruce is doing this? lol

Usually his late season named number one retains the job if they dont lose. Neuvy went out with an injury on a decent win streak. I know he is quick to yank them but to rescind his number one without the G actually losing is a bit out of character even for him.

Queens that hilarious. He knows whats up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad