GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | DAY 01

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Not a great start with injuries, going to have to adjust my season forecasts.

Hopefully after the first few weeks everyone is back and feeling hundred percent, can roll all the way to another division title.

Reactions: quat

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Latest footage of Joshua on his way to Rogers Arena.
1726710313849.png

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Based on all we discussed over the summer, tendinitis heals with rest. Is it concerning that EP still feels it sometimes?

Not at all. It kind of just lingers and is annoying. There’s no risk of damage and just becomes pain management and figuring out if there are stretches that strengthen the area or related motions that can be avoided that stress it.

Hooz

Oct 25, 2017
It’s a shame Joshua had his summer training disrupted. I was expecting him to come in flying after the crap he took at camp last year. I’m sure he’ll be fine and find his game as he did last season, but it will probably take some time.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I know it probably doesn’t mean too much, but still pleasantly surprised to see them include Demko (and Joshua) on the training camp roster

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With Joshua and Blueger slated to miss some time, at least at the start of training camp, the door is wide open for auditions......a third line scoring winger and a third line center.

So Raty, Sasson, Blais and maybe Bains and Karlsson will get long looks, at least in the first few exhibition games.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With Joshua and Blueger slated to miss some time, at least at the start of training camp, the door is wide open for auditions......a third line scoring winger and a third line center.

So Raty, Sasson, Blais and maybe Bains and Karlsson will get long looks, at least in the first few exhibition games.

I don’t imagine there will be too many big surprises.

My guess at the forward roster to start out of camp -

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong
Sherwood - Suter - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Aman - Hoglander
Karlsson

I could see an outside shot of Blais getting a spot based on the current situation - but I think Tocchet showed that he liked Di Giuseppe and Karlsson, and I think the organization values Aman as a player but especially a center.

It definitely adds some intrigue as we looked totally locked in at F and now have some injuries to deal with. But we’ll see.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I don’t imagine there will be too many big surprises.

My guess at the forward roster to start out of camp -

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong
Sherwood - Suter - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Aman - Hoglander
Karlsson

I could see an outside shot of Blais getting a spot based on the current situation - but I think Tocchet showed that he liked Di Giuseppe and Karlsson, and I think the organization values Aman as a player but especially a center.

It definitely adds some intrigue as we looked totally locked in at F and now have some injuries to deal with. But we’ll see.

That's probably default, but I will wager Raty gets a fairly long look at a bottom-six centre spot at camp with Blueger out. Allvin keeps talking about wanting to keep him at centre, and I think he'll be given a fair shot. I don't think there is much hope of someone stealing a spot on the wing ... Lekkerimäki needs to play top-line minutes on the farm, and Bains will almost certainly have no chance to beat out Tocchet's boy PDG.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That's probably default, but I will wager Raty gets a fairly long look at a bottom-six centre spot at camp with Blueger out. Allvin keeps talking about wanting to keep him at centre, and I think he'll be given a fair shot. I don't think there is much hope of someone stealing a spot on the wing ... Lekkerimäki needs to play top-line minutes on the farm, and Bains will almost certainly have no chance to beat out Tocchet's boy PDG.

I think of the farm guys, Bains is the likeliest candidate - the coaches and the team are very high on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad