GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | FINISHED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
pretty surprising raty is still lined up with garland with blueger back imo
Let's face it,....as good as that line was last year for the Canucks, Blueger was still a 'black hole' in the middle. The line basically succeeded because of Garland and Joshua.

I just think Raty brings a lot more size, offense and face-off prowess to the table. Would love to see him stay anchoring that third line for at least the first 10- games or so. By then you'd have a clear indication of what he is in the middle.

Reactions: kanucks25

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
People are underrating Blueger.

One of our best PKers. Always does the little things right at both ends and has an amazing stick. Allowed Joshua and Garland to take risks offensively.

Anyone notice our D almost all have 7s in their numbers?

17, 7, 57, 27, 73, 47

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
DeBrusk - Pettersson - Hoglander
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Sherwood - Suter - Sprong
(Raty)

Is what I'd like to see.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I get credulous' point. Elite talent always trumps depth. Canucks have Boeser, and he's coming off a health scare, and DeBrusk, who has been nothing more than an adequate top-6 producer, then a bunch of guys who are good complimentary players but aren't threats. Like last season, I don't think this is a deep forward group but a wide one. Granted, part of that is you expect the two-top six centres to buoy most of the offense (and obviously that comes with concerns over Pettersson) and be two legitimate #1 centres.

I'm also not concerned since offensive players are usually pretty easy to add during the trade deadline.

Yeah the forward depth isn’t crazy amazing, what’s amazing is having Quinn and Hronek driving offense for about 25 min a night.

If you think about it, having 3 90+ point players (Quinn, Miller, Petey) is like having a baseline of scoring 2 goals per game. Garland’s line will give you .5goals. So with that, it’s reasonable to expect that we’ll score at the very least 2.5 goals per game. I think with the winger depth, we should be able to squeeze more and get closer to 3 goals per game.

If the PK can be as good as what we’ve seen so far in preseason, we’ll probably be positive in special team battles. We average 2.7GAA last season with a pretty mid PK. I think it’s realistic to see an improvement where we give up like 2.5GAA.

So it’s reasonable to expect us to be good in the regular season. Those averages don’t matter as much in the post season but it’s very likely we’ll get help at TDL. I think we need like 1LHD and 1 more forward. If we get that then we are pretty scary.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Here is some Uber optimistic math.

Heinen 10G - Miller - 35G Boeser - 30G
Debrusk 24G - Petey - 35G Spring - 20G
Joshua - 15G Suter - 15G Garland -15G
Hog - 20G Blue - 5G Sherwood - 10G

Quinn - 20G Hronek - 5G
Rest of the D 10G?

So that’s like 3.28 goals per game. I am assuming we will give up closer to like 2.5G per game. Numbers aren’t too unrealistic, not sure why we shouldn’t expect this to be at the very least a really good reg season team.

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
I think you’re underrating Blueger a bit here. He has 126 points in 336 games in the league. That’s just over 30 points per 82, almost entirely at ES. While being a solid defensive player and PKer. He’s not an ideal 3C on a contender but I think he’s a fairly strong 4C. I do agree that they should see if Raty can fulfill his greater upside, but it might be a short leash.
Agreed. I do also like the idea of rotating Raty, Suter, and Blueger depending on injuries and Raty's progression. Much better depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad