GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | FINISHED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I wonder if he might get an A and be part of the leadership team going forward.

He deserves it
archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
once they play their first two exhibition games, expect the roster to be trimmed pretty quickly and tocchett will want to get some chemistry for certain guys to get going before their opener october 4th.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
This must be some new information that I am not aware of then.

Can you link me some sources.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1466853X22000426

We have no idea the severity and irritability of Petey's injury, nor the other contextual and psychosocial factors that would play onto pain and/or functional responses.

Additionally, in the realm of elite sports, organizations that have established protocols or algorithms in which they have found to allow a safer and functional return to sport (or something that's "good enough") will not share this data unfortunately. So if you're looking for return to sport guidelines for the top 1% of hockey players, you're not gonna find this in public articles.

It is commonly known in the world of rehab that tendons best respond to optimal loading and other treatment modalities, including complete stop of physical activity for extended amounts of time, are not indicated. Over 90+% of athletes with non-operative patellar tendon tears return to sport at FULL function + pain free within I think closer to 7 months depending on the load tolerance adherence by athletes.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1466853X22000426

We have no idea the severity and irritability of Petey's injury, nor the other contextual and psychosocial factors that would play onto pain and/or functional responses.

Additionally, in the realm of elite sports, organizations that have established protocols or algorithms in which they have found to allow a safer and functional return to sport (or something that's "good enough") will not share this data unfortunately. So if you're looking for return to sport guidelines for the top 1% of hockey players, you're not gonna find this in public articles.

It is commonly known in the world of rehab that tendons best respond to optimal loading and other treatment modalities, including complete stop of physical activity for extended amounts of time, are not indicated. Over 90+% of athletes with non-operative patellar tendon tears return to sport at FULL function + pain free within I think closer to 7 months depending on the load tolerance adherence by athletes.
I've never heard of a treatment protocol for tendonitis that did not involve significant amount of rest.

This is also the first time I hear about Petey suffering a tendon tear.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Not sure if that had much to do with it. Everything I heard was Ferguson looked terrible at camp.
ferguson is the nhl equivalent of your left winger's friend's little brother's buddy the goalie you finally track down at 3pm on game day after your regular goalie hurt his back renovating his kitchen the night before but didn't throw in the towel on playing tonight until lunchtime.

Reactions: TruGr1t

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Considering Demko's inability to stay healthy, the team is going to want at least 3 NHL caliber goalies in the system; unless Lankinen shits the bed, it's almost impossible to envision a scenario where Silvos doesn't return to Abby given his (lack of) waiver requirements.
I can understand not being happy about it. He goes to Abby, he takes a 85 - 90 % pay cut. He has never had a chance to cash in; he probably could make more money in Europe. And he has another 2 years before he become a RFA. If he gets seriously injured he basically walks away from hockey with nothing. Goalies get seriously screwed by system, since the only reason that Silovs will be in Abby is because he doesn't have to clear waivers.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I can understand not being happy about it. He goes to Abby, he takes a 85 - 90 % pay cut. He has never had a chance to cash in; he probably could make more money in Europe. And he has another 2 years before he become a RFA. If he gets seriously injured he basically walks away from hockey with nothing. Goalies get seriously screwed by system, since the only reason that Silovs will be in Abby is because he doesn't have to clear waivers.
1727107089278.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad