GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | DAY 03

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Still can’t figure out what 4th line we will ice eventually.
DeGuiseppe Suter Sherwood is my best guess but i think eventually Blueger will end up there and Suter will elevate and it's possible that Bains gets some games to show what he's got.

I can see Sasson forcing his way over Amen by next year as the 4/5C if not sooner unless Amen gains some heft and is able to handle a bit more physical play. With a year in his ELC they can still let him play in Abby and play big minutes to keep gaining confidence without waivers so he probably starts there

Sprong is top9 insurance IMO. Injuries or disappointing play will give him an opportunity. Not seeing it otherwise. 2 weaker teams didnt play him much down the stretch. Doubt were relying on that for our top3 lines healthy and Sherwood looks to be the 4RW fixture

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Some of those camp highlights of Lekkerimaki operating off the rush are mesmerizing at times. This kid looks like a special talent.

And I see an impressed DeBrusk is comparing his shot to David Pastrnak's. And if any guy has the inside track in making that kind of comparison, it's DeBrusk after being a teammate for the past six seasons.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
hughes probably worked on his "shot more." his wrister is already sneaky but his clapper the first couple of years was really weak and bad. he should use it more this year when on the offense

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
hughes probably worked on his "shot more." his wrister is already sneaky but his clapper the first couple of years was really weak and bad. he should use it more this year when on the offense
He’s never gonna have a shot like Josi or Bouchard where he can just hammer home a slap shot from the point routinely. If he improves his shot further, he can score goals where Makar usually does which is just above high slot/top faceoff circle.

The one thing that Hughes is just so amazing at is his ability to get simple shots through from anywhere. No other defenseman does this better besides like Fox or Makar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad