GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | DAY 02

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It is interesting that Sasson has been skating on the de facto fourth line, while Aman is over with PTO Blais and Karlsson. If Blueger is close to back, doesn't really matter either way, though.

Reactions: Lindgren

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It is interesting that Sasson has been skating on the de facto fourth line, while Aman is over with PTO Blais and Karlsson. If Blueger is close to back, doesn't really matter either way, though.
I really wouldn’t read into the lines too much until we see exhibition games. I also agree that Blueger is close. We won’t see any real indicators of season opener lines until the last few games.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
It strikes me a giving a kid a spot with another extremely talented swede for what is, IIRC, his first NHL camp/preseason.
Yeah, Tocchet said not to read too much into these early line combos. But they used Pettersson, with other skilled, somewhat one dimensional wingers in a less demanding role for much of last year in the hopes he would feast on weaker competition with his skill, while letting Miller and Bleuger handle the tougher matchups. Putting Lekk with Pettersson seems like a continuation of that thinking.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
The Pettersson wing position is not a hard spot to win. There’s Debrusk that solidifies one wing spot, but the other is wide open considering the revolving door of wingers Petey had last year. We have more winger depth, but that is bottom 6 depth. Lekk is far more skilled than those new guys, and more skilled than Hog, who spent a lot of time on the Pettersson line.

Bold prediction - Lekk scores 30 if he sticks to the Pettersson line.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I really wouldn’t read into the lines too much until we see exhibition games. I also agree that Blueger is close. We won’t see any real indicators of season opener lines until the last few games.

Yeah, probably nothing. But interesting nonetheless that Raty is skating in the de facto third-line spot and Sasson in the fourth. Obviously, those guys are probably the top two call-ups, but will be intriguing to see how they perform in those roles in pre-season action.

Reactions: wonton15

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

You should be required to post highlights via streamables. Twitter video player has been absolutely garbage for years.

The Pettersson wing position is not a hard spot to win. There’s Debrusk that solidifies one wing spot, but the other is wide open considering the revolving door of wingers Petey had last year. We have more winger depth, but that is bottom 6 depth. Lekk is far more skilled than those new guys, and more skilled than Hog, who spent a lot of time on the Pettersson line.

Bold prediction - Lekk scores 30 if he sticks to the Pettersson line.
That's not a bold prediction that is a a screecher of an prediction.

Reactions: Andy Dufresne

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Maybe some older peeps enjoy the nostalgia of 480p resolution
480p is an understatement, it's like 144p then turns into 480p after 5 seconds, then MAYBE 720p after 10s. But what ever, Twitter is going to go bankrupt anyway, the company is in 12.5 billion in debt. It has to pay annually a 1.2 billion in debt servicing it makes about 250m quarterly in revenue meaning that revenue is lower than just the debt payments.

Elon ran the company into the ground. Which is a shame because it used to be so good for sports. The trending tab is a mess, the for you page is basically just interaction bots. It's a disaster.

If twitter actually invested in video services it could have been really good for sports highlights and potentially streaming games even. Instead it's been a disaster for years.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I suspect that the third member of the Pettersson & DeBrusk line will be pretty healthy rotation between damn near everyone else on the roster. Will depend on a bunch of factors like opponent weaknesses, who's go the hot hand, etc.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I suspect that the third member of the Pettersson & DeBrusk line will be pretty healthy rotation between damn near everyone else on the roster. Will depend on a bunch of factors like opponent weaknesses, who's go the hot hand, etc.

Agreed. If someone gets hot, they'll stay - if not, it'll be a revolving door.

I do think Sprong is the intended target for the third man for that line - but again, especially with Joshua and Blueger questionable to start, we could see some different deployments, and it looks like the Canucks are at least toying with the idea of someone like Lekkerimaki, Bains or Raty playing at the start of the season.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Agreed. If someone gets hot, they'll stay - if not, it'll be a revolving door.

I do think Sprong is the intended target for the third man for that line - but again, especially with Joshua and Blueger questionable to start, we could see some different deployments, and it looks like the Canucks are at least toying with the idea of someone like Lekkerimaki, Bains or Raty playing at the start of the season.

At this point, I'll be surprised if Blueger isn't ready for the start of the season. He's at practice today in a non-contact jersey and Allvin, on Wednesday, said he's about a week away.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He probably will, but I don't think the issues with Sprong's game are necessarily related to sniping goals in practice.
Exactly why we need to see him in game situations. The scoring and talent is there, but we need to see if he can adapt to the systems or flail a bit like Kuzmenko. Very curious if he can do what he says he wants to do.

Reactions: Vector and TruGr1t

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
You should be required to post highlights via streamables. Twitter video player has been absolutely garbage for years.

That's not a bold prediction that is a a screecher of a prediction.
He was the best goal scorer in the SHL as a junior age player last year. It’s entirely possible imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad