GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | DAY 01

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
That third line in Group B could very well be the 4th line to start the year.

PDG-Sasson-Sherwood

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I wonder if Lekkerimäki holding a spot would lead to the moving Hoglander.
Hoglander scored 24 goals last year. I know he had a poor showing the later half of the season, but it's not like he doesn't belong to play. It was his first real competitive season in the NHL.

He's scored more goals than Garland and only had 11 less points than him. You'd kill for guys like that making 1,100,000.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
On a side note, I wonder if we’re actually going to refer to both Elias Pettersson’s by their full names or if we come up with a different play by play name for one of them. On elite prospects, D-Petey’s middle name is Nils, and according to wiki, OG Petey’s name through childhood was Frederik.

Also just found out OG Petey is actually of Finnish descent Lol

Also I’m really not gonna enjoy having to write out OG Petey and D Petey every time if and when D Petey becomes a full time Canuck

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
On a side note, I wonder if we’re actually going to refer to both Elias Pettersson’s by their full names or if we come up with a different play by play name for one of them. On elite prospects, D-Petey’s middle name is Nils, and according to wiki, OG Petey’s name through childhood was Frederik.

Also just found out OG Petey is actually of Finnish descent Lol

Also I’m really not gonna enjoy having to write out OG Petey and D Petey every time if and when D Petey becomes a full time Canuck
DP and EP or D-EP or EP40 and EP#

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I'm really curious to see what happens with Hoglander this year. He's a flawed player that probably commands a higher dollar amount on his upcoming contract based on how many goals he put up playing in the bottom six.

One the one hand he's probably the biggest candidate to provide surplus value this coming season, but that's going to end next season. It will be insteresting to see if the Canucks keep him as a "rental" or if they decide to move off him early and sacrafice his cheap production for another position of need.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm really curious to see what happens with Hoglander this year. He's a flawed player that probably commands a higher dollar amount on his upcoming contract based on how many goals he put up playing in the bottom six.

One the one hand he's probably the biggest candidate to provide surplus value this coming season, but that's going to end next season. It will be insteresting to see if the Canucks keep him as a "rental" or if they decide to move off him early and sacrafice his cheap production for another position of need.

It was really deflating to see him lay a complete egg in the playoffs after a decent regular season.

Any step backwards and I suspect management will immediately trade him.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Very well spoken. Can’t wait to see scrimmage and exhibition games for the Pettersson/DeBrusk and Lekk/Hog/Sprong line.

Reactions: Vector

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
It was really deflating to see him lay a complete egg in the playoffs after a decent regular season.

Any step backwards and I suspect management will immediately trade him.

I really thought he would thrive in the playoffs and get under the skin of the opposition, and generally be a menace. Pettersson being a shadow of himself, and playing against teams with solid depth probably had something to do with his poor results.

I agree that trading him early if some team thinks he has real value is probably the way to go. He'd be a nice chip for a team that's in the process of building a young core around a promising center.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad