Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CHI] Ilya Mikheyev(15% Retained), Sam Lafferty(Rights), 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
1719448354413.jpeg

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Even if Mikheyev were to not accept the trade—Vancouver could just waive him (like NYR with Goodrow) and have Chicago claim him. Then just execute the other part of the trade separately.

Unlikely any other teams would claim him on waivers. And if they did, that would only mean avoiding paying any cost to unload him.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Much needed deal. Fingers crossed that he'll waive. He'll also get much better production and ice time in CHI

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i think this will be an easy chicago win but i can see why we can't take the chance and the cap space is very attractive.

seems like we can't stop trading 2nd rounders. it will be no 2nd round picks in 4 years now.

also, the timing makes me think they were going to buy him out if they could not trade him. this is better than a buyout.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
i think this will be an easy chicago win but i can see why we can't take the chance and the cap space is very attractive.

seems like we can't stop trading 2nd rounders. it will be no 2nd round picks in 4 years now.

also, the timing makes me think they were going to buy him out if they could not trade him. this is better than a buyout.

Some deals are win-win.

Obviously Chicago wins by getting paid to take a useful player.

But from where we were at, this is basically trading a pick + a healthy scratch for a pick + Nikita Zadorov. That's also a big win.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Some deals are win-win.

Obviously Chicago wins by getting paid to take a useful player.

But from where we were at, this is basically trading a pick + a healthy scratch for a pick + Nikita Zadorov. That's also a big win.

If Mik does not waive, and we put him on waiver, will the Chicago Coverups claim him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad