Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Kiefer Sherwood to 2-Year, $1.5M AAV Deal

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Torres is a giant piece of shit? What did he do for you to say that?

Maybe I would have picked different words to describe him but:

Torres retired after a controversial career that included a 41-game suspension for an illegal check to the head of Jakob Silfverberg of the Anaheim Ducks. This was the longest suspension in NHL history for a hit on another player. Torres never played another NHL game after the suspension and was unsigned in free agency.

Torres was also fined three times and suspended five times for a total of 74 games.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
i see him as the latest in a continuum from young matt cooke, pre-sedins burrows, honey badger, roussel, and motte

man it’s been too long since we’ve had a guy like that

but also, man i loved the young matt cooke
He plays the game with a lot more honor than Matt Cooke.

Hell of a good signing along with Lankinen. Debrusk and Heinen look solid.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Not even ten games into the year and Chief Kief is already somewhat of a folk hero in Vancouver lmfao. You love to see it. What an absurdly good pickup for 1.5 mil.
Another notch in our fanbases favourite type of player. Dont have to be the most skilled, just try and give your all

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Another notch in our fanbases favourite type of player. Dont have to be the most skilled, just try and give your all

Well he also has to be effective for his cap hit which he is. I would actually say that we (the Canucks fan base here) appreciates players like Sherwood to a lesser extent than other fan bases. Take Cooke for example. He was awesome here and a fan favourite in his time here but a lot of posters here forget that. The same goes for a guy like Hansen who outperformed his contract most of his time here. But if you ask Dallas fans about Roussel or Columbus fans about Dorsett they appreciate the two more than we appreciate Cooke for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad