Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Jake DeBrusk to 7-Year, $5.5M AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Oh shit, does this mean Louie will have to fanboy for us now? hahahaha
Let the fanboi-ing begin!!!

It makes me laugh any time we (because we do) or anyone else says a player is "streaky". Unless you're McDavid almost every player is a streaky goal scorer because even if you score 40 goals that's only every other game and it's not like these guys are automatons and will score on schedule.

IMO we're hoping that DeBrusk ups his game to like, maybe 30+ goals? He's still going to be "streaky'.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Wtf is this knee thing, I can’t recall DeBrusk having a knee injury (he had that fractured fibula where he bad ass finished the game before reporting it).

He had no injury report coming out of the Bruins post-season locker room clean out that I saw.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Wtf is this knee thing, I can’t recall DeBrusk having a knee injury (he had that fractured fibula where he bad ass finished the game before reporting it).

He had no injury report coming out of the Bruins post-season locker room clean out that I saw.

Pretty sure PM was talking about Mikheyev's knee. Not DeBrusk's. That's why everyone is confused lolololol.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
For whatever reason, DeBrusk didn't get a lot of love in Boston. More than once or twice he was rumored to be on the trade block, and had bouts of inconsistency.

But he's a winger......and who you play center with makes a huge difference in your effectiveness. And after the retirement of Kreji and Bergeron, the Bruins have been seriously thin at the center position for awhile now. Not much wonder they blew the bank or Lindholm.

Still, during the playoffs, DeBrusk was one of their best forwards. So you'd think the opportunity to play with Pettersson, particularly on pp, should be worth at least another 7-10 goals a season.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
For whatever reason, DeBrusk didn't get a lot of love in Boston. More than once or twice he was rumored to be on the trade block, and had bouts of inconsistency.

But he's a winger......and who you play center with makes a huge difference in your effectiveness. And after the retirement of Kreji and Bergeron, the Bruins have been seriously thin at the center position for awhile now. Not much wonder they blew the bank or Lindholm.

Still, during the playoffs, DeBrusk was one of their best forwards. So you'd think the opportunity to play with Pettersson, particularly on pp, should be worth at least another 7-10 goals a season.

debrusk had every opportunity in boston. he was out of favour there because his work ethic sucked. took tons of games off and didn't put in the work off the ice either

hopefully he's matured

Reactions: Ladyfan

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
The scary bit is the term. 7 years is a long time - think how much the league has changed since we were signing Vanek/Gagner/Del Zotto. If it's 4 years (like Mikheyev) and the signing doesn't work out after 2 you can move it on. With 7 years, it had better work out.

OT but man when we got those guys in 2008, they each were already 6-7 years removed from being worth a damn

but benning time is slow

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I think 5.5m already factors in that he's going to suck for long stretches. You just have to hope it doesn't happen in years 1 or 2 where we're going to be pretty reliant on him and not that flexible with working around it.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I don't think he's going to be Petey's linemate.

Think his game will mesh better with Miller.

Can see a top 6 of

Debrusk - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Petey - Garland

This is what I think happens as well. He's a better fit for Miller style wise than he is Pettersson, and Miller will still get Boeser to play alongside.

----------

I wanted DeBrusk here long-term (posted here months back). To me, he was a can't miss signing and the term is a positive given his age, not a negative. As the cap rises, it will look better and better. Short of Guentzel, this was the move.

Still, it doesn't address Pettersson's wing specifically. None of the additions do. Ultimately, that question still looms large and hopefully an internal solution presents itself.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
DeBrusk is basically replacing Mikheyev......a little bigger AVV, but hopefully a lot more goals.

I hope he uses Boston's indifference at re-signing him as motivation. After all, he's coming off a year where he was probably Boston's top playoff performer. Given how tough it is to score in the playoffs--you'd have thought the team that drafted him would have more interest.

But clearly they had their heart set on Lindholm and Zadorov, so DeBrusk, Heinen and Forbort were all 'cap casualties'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad