Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Teddy Blueger to 2y/1.8m

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
IMG_7810.jpeg

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
High IQ player who is useful in all situations. Type of guy Benning would sign for around 3.5 ish million (percent of cap today that he gave Beagle in 2018). Another win of a move.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Not sure I'm too pumped about this.....seems like treading water to me, bringing back Blueger.

I get that he's good in the faceoff dot and on the PK.....but also had a 30-game goal-less drought last season on a team that was one of the highest scoring in the NHL.

Bottom line, the Canucks need a lot more offense from all their bottom-six forwards, especially Blueger. And checking his career stats on Hockey DB, there's no indication Blueger can deliver.

Hard not to argue that surely there were some better options than that out there on the UFA market.
This is more of a lock down the floor type of move and for 1.8M that’s a fine move.
I imagine that we will spend majority of the money now on the top6

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Fantastic signing. Blueger liked it here so much that he taken a hometown discount when he could've received more on the open market. Love it. Blueger is fantastic on the PK and is so good defensively, so happy to have him back.

I have 100% confidence in Allvin.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
About 0.2mil less than expected on a 2 year deal. Pretty good if you ask me. We can play him at 3C quite respectably: 53.1% on the draw, 33 point pace, good now way player. A lot of people are saying he’s a 4C, I’d say he’s a bit better than your average 4C.

Reactions: Krispy

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hard to complain about this. Might not be a great 3C but played well with Garland on the third line and is a strong 4C if he plays there instead. Fits well on the team, a big part of the PK. It’s pretty cheap considering you’re not going to find many vet replacements under 2, and being only 2 years means it’s easy to chuck if he regresses.

Reactions: bh53

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Good caphit without committing too hard. For a great defensive center who can fill in as 3C competently you really can't complain.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Love this. I am kind of surprised Blueger didn’t test the market again. I wonder if the Canucks offered Blueger a 2-3 year deal last time around

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Penalty killing alone makes him at least this valuable.

Most noted parts of his season last year were the mid season play of his line with Garland and Joshua and the way he did not fade in the playoffs. By the end of the playoffs was still playing very strong and shutting down the Oilers PK, even when two men short.

Can't see how this isn't a good signing. Team looks a ton better making a deal like this compared to the Benning era signings of players like Beagle.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Wow somehow nobody in my usual media streams mentioned this. Great signing, exactly the correct cap hit. He's just too versatile IMO.

Suter has a year left, they need some kids to step up on the wings. Ideally Blueger and Suter are the bottom-6 centers IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad