Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Teddy Blueger to 2y/1.8m

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Nice, that’s the cap hit I had him at, fair price for a 4th line center, 3rd line in a pinch.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i'm not a big fan of the player but that's a good deal even if he ends up just being a bottom line utility guy

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Super happy. There were not a lot of centermen available in FA. He has zero offense but he can play minutes to a neutral. He was good at both 3c and 4c.

I thought he would get 2.2 or so. Maybe even 3 years. Very happy.

If his name was Teddy Beagle, I wonder if he could have pulled a bigger contract. Like Ottawa is reported to be willing to pay a lot for veterans. I don’t think this is the type of player who would have been squeezed in FA. This seems like a heavy discount to me.

Reactions: Caspian

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Super happy. There were not a lot of centermen available in FA. He has zero offense but he can play minutes to a neutral. He was good at both 3c and 4c.

I thought he would get 2.2 or so. Maybe even 3 years. Very happy.

If his name was Teddy Beagle, I wonder if he could have pulled a bigger contract. Like Ottawa is reported to be willing to pay a lot for veterans. I don’t think this is the type of player who would have been squeezed in FA. This seems like a heavy discount to me.
Honestly his career 5v5/60 production is pretty solid considering the role he plays, he just doesn't look pretty doing it.

Reactions: vanuck

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Honestly his career 5v5/60 production is pretty solid considering the role he plays, he just doesn't look pretty doing it.
He fills lanes well enough but i think it’s dependent on who he’s playing with. All Garland & Joshua needed was a lane filler but next to Aman and PDG, it’s three lane fillers and they generated near a literal 0 in the playoffs

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Wow colour me surprised that Blueger roof took that amount only for two years. I would have thought he’d want more term at that dollar amount but I’m glad he signed a team friendly deal to stay in a place where he’s found a good fit.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Awesome deal. Oozes IQ defensively, easily the name I annoyed my gf the most with saying “oh man Blueger is so smart.” Bit of an unsung hero with how casual he makes things look because his positional awareness is so high for a defensive center.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

He's averaged 10-20-30/82 for his career and was at 34 points/82 last year.

Injuries have just meant that he's never actually hit 10 goals or 30 points. But when healthy he's clearly a solid 3C and produces at a solid level for a 3C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad