Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Dakota Joshua to 4y/3.25m Contract

Ninebreaker

Mar 4, 2014
Another player thinking team first and taking a paycut when he could of cashed out on the open market. Amazing deal by Allvin and that amazing 3rd line is reunited again. Wohoo.

Love Joshua
This definitely sets a precedent going forward. The players want to win, and they're willing to take a cut to stay. Hopefully it affects Zadorovs's contract and perhaps other ufas on the 1st.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
IMG_7810.jpeg

This management team is just killing it right now. Can someone make a photo of the management team as gangsters, I would like to make it my icon.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Awesome. Even if Joshua doesn't hit the 20 goal mark he provides a ton of value. Just wish he moved a bit faster... hope skating technique is on the queue for his off-season training.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Having an elite third line locked up for 10 million is an incredible piece of business. Joshua's development curve and low mileage compared to other power forwards his age bodes well for his longevity.

Very happy with the last few days of work. Having a management team that can admit to making mistakes & cut its losses is refreshing, not to mention leverage a winning culture to convince guys to take less.

Super excited to see what they do next to improve the top 6 & re-load the defense behind Hughes and Hronek.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Some of these deals probably won't work out, but it's great to have management that makes the right calls in the moment. Such a turnaround from the utterly deflating re-signings of Luca Sbisa.
Lol...Jethro Bodine held most of the leverage yet gives Pizza a raise despite playing like shit which followed him playing like shit in his last season as a Duck.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I doubt there's a single person who dislikes this deal.

Our elite third (actually first) line that was responsible for a huge amount of our success this year is now locked in for 10M for the remainder of Demko's contract. Beautiful.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
He lost $4m~ in earnings, imo.

I can't believe he took that $AAV here.
That's a glass half empty view. Half full, he's got 4 years with the team and coaching staff he likes, who helped make him the player he is. Without that support, would he show up to camp at new team in shape, out of shape, be bought out in 2 years etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad