Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Dakota Joshua to 4y/3.25m Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Another player thinking team first and taking a paycut when he could of cashed out on the open market. Amazing deal by Allvin and that amazing 3rd line is reunited again. Wohoo.

Love Joshua

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I had a post that remained unsent last night that wondered why they would pursue Zadorov after Mikheyev was dumped instead of Joshua??

This is right along that line of that thinking. Crazy that he he didn't hold out for $4m+ AAV. Just a few days away.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Allvin be cooking for the entire province of BC.

If he keeps producing at the current pace the deals gonna look like a steal in a couple of years.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Iron Chef strikes again.

7u4y95.gif

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
The 3rd line's got to be penned-in at this point with Joshua-Blueger-Garland running it back

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Underrated is that if you are going to run Blueger at 3C (which looks to be the case now) it is pretty important you flank him again with Garland-Joshua. That was really the period he legit played at that roughly 3C level last year.

Also, Joshua clearly really wanted to stay based on this number.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
All the grousing and hand wringing over Mikheyev and Joshua is extremely funny in hindsight.

I apologize to Allvin for my anxiety.

They've now done literally everything I wanted them to do at basically the exact values I was hoping for. f***ing fantastic.

This was a signing that had to get done. A few teams around the league are probably f***ing pissed right now.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
better late than never. 3.25M is decent number even if Joshua regresses a bit.

he would have been hard to replace. Lets see how Joshua comes to camp with a 4 year term committed to him.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
With the 3rd line set, I'm guessing they're betting either Hogs or Lekk will be slotted in the top-6. That still leaves 2 top-6 wingers to shop for.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Underrated is that if you are going to run Blueger at 3C (which looks to be the case now) it is pretty important you flank him again with Garland-Joshua. That was really the period he legit played at that roughly 3C level last year.

Also, Joshua clearly really wanted to stay based on this number.

He lost $4m~ in earnings, imo.

I can't believe he took that $AAV here.

Reactions: thefeebster

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Wow! Very surprised by this. I hope we can still sign Zadorov though. I don’t think we’d be able to keep both of them.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
With the 3rd line set, I'm guessing they're betting either Hogs or Lekk will be slotted in the top-6. That still leaves 2 top-6 wingers to shop for.

I would imagine Hoglander will retain his position on Pettersson's wing, there is really not another NHL-ready option. They'll add to Pettersson's other side (Guentzel or other), leave Suter with Miller, and spend the remaining on defense. Third line stays the same as last year pre-Lindholm.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Another good deal and bang on assessment.

Ppl going on about 4M + for one good season never made any sense, again I'm not worried in the slightest for the next few weeks/offseason.

Surely Zadorov is next under five mil.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
“Dakota had a strong season for us and took some big steps forward in his game,” said Allvin. “We really like his size, his speed and physicality. He fit in well with our system and the way we want to play hockey and I look forward to watching him to continue to develop under our coaching staff.”

I've said before, even if he kind of caps out where he is, this is going to be good value. I did not expect $3.25 either - I was thinking between $3.5 to $4 with us, and possibly $4+ on the open market.

Really happy he's back, and our "No Name Line" can ride again!

Reactions: Jovofan

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Oh wow. I am pleasantly surprised again. Nice tidy bit of work. This could turn out to be a bad deal but I would take this bet. Now we don’t need to go out and trade for Greenway.

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad