Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
he's a sociopathic junkie with absolutely no moral compass. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team and would be quite shocked if anyone was willing to roll the dice on him.
I've heard these dramatic takes about too many players, for too long, only to watch the Canucks lose to them. Every damn time.

It will likely happen again.

Oh well, Lets hope our Lady Byng nominee uses his gym membership this year.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Hey whoa, now now, let's....let's not be rash to judgement here ok? The man's still learnding how to do his job.
giphy.gif
Jim: C_T? CBT....

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I've heard these dramatic takes about too many players, for too long, only to watch the Canucks lose to them. Every damn time.

It will likely happen again.

Oh well, Lets hope our Lady Byng nominee uses his gym membership this year.

yeah nicushkin wasn't doing anything many other nhlers do -- he just got caught

Reactions: CanucksSayEh

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I think we probably need another puck mover but Schultz, Barrie or that ilk isn't really the same thing. People are just listing d-men that are stigmatized as offensive defensemen but what we need is a good 2 way dman that can play in the top 4. Basically we need Willander.
We'll mostly likely have him by the post season. Whether he's ready to contribute or not is another question.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Lest We Forget. 2024 Canucks Playoff Rankings..

Top 10..
  1. Miller
  2. Boeser
  3. Garland
  4. (Lindholm)
  5. (Zadorov)
  6. Silovs
  7. Myers
  8. Soucy
  9. Joshua
  10. Suter

Next 10..
  1. Hughes
  2. Blueger
  3. Hronek
  4. Hoglander
  5. Di Giuseppe
  6. Pettersson
  7. (Cole)
  8. Aman
  9. (Lafferty)
  10. (Mikheyev)

N/A Podkolzin, Juulsen (terrible 1 game), Karlsson

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Started looking around at LD that may be on the market. Came up with the following names.

Mario Ferraro | 2y/3.25m
Nick Leddy | 2y/4.0m | Full NTC
Marcus Pettersson | 1y/4.025m | 8-NTC
Mattias Samulesson | 6y/4.25m
Ivan Provorov | 1y/4.725m
Michael Matheson | 2y/4.875m | 8-NTC
Samuel Girard | 3y/5.0m | 9-NTC
Travis Sanheim | 7y/6.25m | Full NTC
Torey Krug | 3y/6.5m | Full NTC

For all intents and purposes Canucks have about 3.8m in LTIR space to add someone.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
yeah nicushkin wasn't doing anything many other nhlers do -- he just got caught
sure, but this is the 2nd time he been "caught" and suspended or forced to "step away" during the playoffs. Now he's on the league's radar and will be (i'm guessing so please correct me if this isn't accurate) subject to regular random testing going forward......Why on earth would we want to make him our problem?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Started looking around at LD that may be on the market. Came up with the following names.

Mario Ferraro | 2y/3.25m

For all intents and purposes Canucks have about 3.8m in LTIR space to add someone.
Love Ferraro but SJ won't let him go for cheap.
No thanks on Leddy with term and a full NTC.
Pettersson would be a good get and a Pitt connection but Pitt also needs dmen.
Love Samulesson but apparently Buffalo has no intention of trading him.
Thought Provorov made sense until realized the whole LGBTQ issue.
Matheson played well for MTL so can't imagine he will be given away. Larger cap hit too.
Girard could be good, could be not. Colorado also desperate needs dmen so don't think he moves.
Sanheim had a "bounce back" year. Could have been acquired for peanuts before but has some value now.
Absolutely no thanks to Krug.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Ferraro is an intriguing option, might be worth the premium considering his age and cap hit. Not to mention he could have untapped upside. Marcus Pettersson as well.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

Mario Ferraro | 2y/3.25m

Of that list I'm only really interested in Sanheim and Matheson. Maybe Ferraro.

Forgot Gavrikov.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Love Ferraro but SJ won't let him go for cheap.
No thnaks on Leddy with term and a full NTC.
Pettersson would be a good get an Pitt connection but Pitt also needs dmen.
Love Samulesson but apparently Buffalo has no intention of trading him.
Thought Provorov made sense until realized the whole LGBTQ issue.
Matheson played well for MTL so can't imagine he will be given away. Larger cap hit too.
Girard could be good, could be not. Colorado also desperate needs dmen so don't think he moves.
Sanheim had a "bounce back" year. Could have been acquired for peanuts before but has some value now.
Absolutely no thanks to Krug.

Pretty much where I fall on all these names as well. Girard could probably be had since Colorado desperately needs cap relief but other than him, I'd say everyone else is a flat "no" or a mid-season trade.

Matheson had a good offensive season but, from what I've read/heard, struggled as the #1 guy. No idea what his actual trade value is and the Canadiens are hard to pin down in what they actually would want.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I am not too worried at this point about the defense. Alvin has showed the team is always a work in progress until the trade deadline. Pretty sure someone will get added at some point.

Would have both Podz and Hogs as trade bait, or see who of those two is more indispensable.

As for the Nuke discussion... I wouldn't touch him. Not only would you need to worry about him getting caught again and blowing up your teams playoff run like the last two seasons, but also why would you want that kind of scum on your team. I don't want someone who is part of human trafficking.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I expect many to regret not targeting Nuke while likely available.

Not only is he exactly what this team needs, (on ice at least) but he's also exactly the player to torch us in a playoff matchup.

It's a 2 player swing.

Lol do you have some kind of search option where you're able to sort by whoever is the most garbage person possible and then say "them! The canucks need them!"

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Making a "critical mistake" and then compounding that mistake does not sound like good GMing to me.

It's not, but the margin is thin. Many GMs fail doing the same. I wonder what we would be saying about Allvin had execution and luck not been on his side this year? Nearly everything worked out for him. Obviously, it did not for Yzerman.

Maybe he should have just done a straight Hronek for Horvat trade? That probably gets them further along.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

Mario Ferraro | 2y/3.25m

Colorado is cap crunched. Maybe a Suter for Girard swap could make sense for them. Clear 3.4M in space and get a useful forward back. Or trade Suter elsewhere for a pick and send that so Colorado has full relief. Their D without Girard is shaky though after Toews. Manson is ideally a bottom pairing guy and the other 3 (CDH, Brannstrom, MacDonald) are marginal

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Lindholm next to Pastrnak with PP1 versus Lindholm as 3c going forward in VAN on PP2… the outcomes from a production standpoint are going to be vastly different

Anyways, with Joshua signed long term, I do think there’s an interesting…

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Pettersson - Garland
Hoglander - Suter - Sherwood
whatever - Blueger - whatever

.. lineup. Hoglander Suter Lafferty worked really well early last season and Sherwood is a better player.

Would imagine they go straight to

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - DeBrusk
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Podkolzin/PDG - Aman/Smith - Sherwood

Buuut I do think that first group is a very interesting pivot.
I think there’s a chance Toc may use Sherwood in the same role PDG played early with JT and Brock. He’s got a similar hard forechecking style and some good p/60 production. Suter may end up with Garland and Joshua pushing Blueger down. Just unsure if it’s Hoglander or Heinen that will be with EP or 4th line duty.

Reactions: Chiripa20

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
sure, but this is the 2nd time he been "caught" and suspended or forced to "step away" during the playoffs. Now he's on the league's radar and will be (i'm guessing so please correct me if this isn't accurate) subject to regular random testing going forward......Why on earth would we want to make him our problem?

i don't think the canucks should acquire him. i just don't think he's some atypical nhler when it comes to his behavior and i don't think there's a moral case for not trading for him (or -- if you think there is a moral case -- you should probably stop watching sports altogether)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad