Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Buchnevich at 8m AVV or Debrusk at 5.5. Deal looks even better now even though Buchnevhich is the better player. Probably means Boeser will demand over 8.5 with term next off-season. Unless he regresses back to 25+ goals. But I don't think we're getting Boeser for less than Buchnevich.

Reactions: Nick Lang

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I know some here prefer not to list Canucks rumours from X on the rumour message board but here you go:

View attachment 891458

if you're going to share some bullshit from twitter, i think it's on you to do the due diligence.

this account is nonsense with no followers and is more likely a 12 yr old looking for clicks than an insider.

i'm mad i lost a minute of my life looking at his guy's account; giving this account exactly what they wanted.

Reactions: racerjoe and Vector

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
if the canucks could package some combination of like garland, hoglander, podkolzin and picks for konecny, necas, colton or pinto i think that could really go a long way to making this team a real contender. they have too many middle six forwards and still lack a really solid top six winger. they need to convert some quantity into quality

Reactions: vancityluongo

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Who ever it is needs to come up with things that are less Pejorative Slured than us trading Hoglander and a 1st for a guy who’s contract would put us $5MM over the cap.
Trade Garland, LTIR Poolman and they've got $7.5M to go after a real player. Ehlers is an obvious name to come up in trade talks and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Canucks were kicking the tires on him, but of course anyone could post that rumour without the slightest bit of inside knowledge and it would seem plausible. (I think Ehlers is soft; much prefer Necas.)

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Why? Hoglander probably provides 20+ goals at 1.1mil while Pinto is likely looking for 4-5+mil.

I'm genuinely curious other than being a center what makes Pinto worth spending quadruple the cap hit compared to Hoglander?

Hoglander's 20 goal season is a percentage-driven mirage, he'll have an unpalatable arbitration case next summer, this represents the apex of his value, and the Canucks don't have a #3 center (let alone a right handed shot with size and upside).

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Hoglander's 20 goal season is a percentage-driven mirage, he'll have an unpalatable arbitration case next summer, this represents the apex of his value, and the Canucks don't have a #3 center (let alone a right handed shot with size and upside).
that seems to be having it both ways. if he has an unpalatable arbitration case next summer it will be because he produced this coming season. if he is a mirage then he'll be cheap.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

I feel the same. I don’t think he’s good enough for the top 6 and he’s too clueless defensively for the bottom 6. I’d be happy to move him if the right deal came along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad