Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Binder

Nov 7, 2011
gut feeling

but i think Elias Pettersson is going to shock a lot of people this year, i know he is only 20 but i just got a feeling he is going to be a pleasant suprise this fall

i know it was only 9 games before he was called up with the others for the canucks playoffs, but in those games he did play i feel like he adapted super fast to the NA game

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I could see this:

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Desharnais
Forbort-Myers

I don't think you want a Forbort-Desharnais pairing, when both struggle to move the puck up ice. Soucy and Myers can at least advance the puck.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
gut feeling

but i think Elias Pettersson is going to shock a lot of people this year, i know he is only 20 but i just got a feeling he is going to be a pleasant suprise this fall

i know it was only 9 games before he was called up with the others for the canucks playoffs, but in those games he did play i feel like he adapted super fast to the NA game
That would certainly help things along.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
can someone smarter than me tell me what our actual cap space will be when the season starts?
assuming ltir recapture from poolman etc.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Our defence is absolutely barf. The VD signing made no sense to me you’re better off packaging the LTIR money along with it and get an upgrade, or at least wait until one is available via trade.
I'll give you VD all right ;)

I have faith in Foote and Gonchar. They turned around Myers and Juulsen and Zadorov. They got a lot out of Hronek and Soucy too. And Hughes won the Norris.

I think they see character guys in Desharnais and Forbort and I like that. It'll be a good room and the forwards are mostly hardworking and versatile players who are good both ways.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
So the Avs have to sign 4 guys and have like 300k in space.

Do they try and move Manson? Girard? Rantanen?

• Wow
Reactions: David71

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
They're also 2.5M over the cap with Broberg and Holloway still needing to be signed

Kane and Ceci out will be addition by subtraction.

The Oilers have the best forward depth in the West and have a respectable blueline. A deadline deal for a good goalie and I think they win it all.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
So the Avs have to sign 4 guys and have like 300k in space.

Do they try and move Manson? Girard? Rantanen?

I'm seeing the Avs at 5.5M of space on capfriendly.

Girard would certainly slot in nicely on the second pairing.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I get a 23 man roster with Poolman on IR and have $65k. Left Tolopilo in for convenience, so that could all go to our backup goalie.

Keep a 22 man roster, and you have $800-900k to accrue and for call ups to cover short term injuries. I don't think a 21 man game day roster is realistic.

Poolman to LTIR also gives us flexibility if a deal does present itself.

Does mean some of Friedman, PDG, Aman would be exposed to waivers. Maybe one gets dealt for a late round pick + a contract spot.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hughes-Hronek becomes an OZ thing, and they're split up for own-zone draws. Forbert-Hronek, Hughes-Desharnais 5v5 DZ starts, Forberg-Desharnais PK1. Allvin did say he wants to see Hronek away from Quinn more in 24/25.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I get a 23 man roster with Poolman on IR and have $65k. Left Tolopilo in for convenience, so that could all go to our backup goalie.

Keep a 22 man roster, and you have $800-900k to accrue and for call ups to cover short term injuries. I don't think a 21 man game day roster is realistic.

Does mean some of Friedman, PDG, Aman would be exposed to waivers. Maybe one gets dealt for a late round pick + a contract spot.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hughes-Hronek becomes an OZ thing, and they're split up for own-zone draws. Forbert-Hronek, Hughes-Desharnais 5v5 DZ starts, Forberg-Desharnais PK1. Allvin did say he wants to see Hronek away from Quinn more in 24/25.

They'll almost certainly not carry both Friedman and Juulsen, I wouldn't think. Also think there's only space for one of those depth forwards with the bottom six signings. Suter probably moves to 4C.

Reactions: alternate

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010

Said what I wanted to say better than I could say myself. Cheers.

Reactions: alternate

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
How exactly does cap accrual work? Assuming that we have Silovs as our backup for 1.0m and we drop....let's just say Friedman, as the final roster cut before the season, we would actually be right below the cap without resorting to putting Poolman on LTIR with the team we have right now. How much could that money grow to by the end of the season?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Came here to say something like this although your comment would have been more classy than mine so I'm glad that I won't need to comment except to say that the Oilers were banged up as well and they just dominated the series, the 4-3 ratio is misleading.
We really didnt do well against NSH either

can someone smarter than me tell me what our actual cap space will be when the season starts?
assuming ltir recapture from poolman etc.
r/wallstreetbets poster confirmed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad