Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Seems cheap for a guy who got nominations for the Conn Smythe :laugh:

8vmeyu.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WTG

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Ultimately, it's going to come down to chemistry with Petey. Lately, EP has been unfairly maligned for being difficult to play with. But in the run of play, he was constantly setting Mik up for glorious chances only for stonehands to go crest hunting. And with Lindholm, it was the case of 2 guys who play the same role constantly bumping into each other.

If DeBrusk can convert on the chances generated by Petey and if he and Hog/Heinen can consistently establish a forecheck, this has a chance of working out.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I’m overall disappointed but it’s always hard to know what players were really available anyway. But I’m disappointed because I think the two biggest needs were a hugh end offensive winger to play with Pettersson and a top four defensemen. And instead, we got a 40-50 point winger, and two bottom pairing defensemen, and some forward depth.

And the forward depth and bottom pairing defensemen are not totally useless, but these guys can be acquired for mid round picks at the deadline.
Yeah, every move in isolation has been reasonable to good but the overall roster construction is not looking great.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Ultimately, it's going to come down to chemistry with Petey. Lately, EP has been unfairly maligned for being difficult to play with. But in the run of play, he was constantly setting Mik up for glorious chances only for stonehands to go crest hunting. And with Lindholm, it was the case of 2 guys who play the same role constantly bumping into each other.

If DeBrusk can convert on the chances generated by Petey and if he and Hog/Heinen can consistently establish a forecheck, this has a chance of working out.

I think the problem has multiple contributing factors - Pete himself definitely should've been better, but like you said when your finisher is f***ing Mik that coach and management insist on anchoring to your balls, what more can you do?

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Had to step away from the forums for a bit and man, our D looks like..... something.

I really like the make up of our new forward lines and the flexibility we've got now, the depth looks great on paper and it looks like the kind of forward group that can grind out wins in the playoffs.

I'm very optimistic that Petey will bounce back next year and will elevate Debrusk into (hopefully) a 55-60 pt winger. Fingers crossed, and I also think Tocchet's crew will help Debrusk a lot as well.

The D corp though..... I agree with many of you, woof, we desperately need another puck mover to round out the top 4 and move Myers to the bottom pair where he can Live, Laugh, Learn, and live his best life.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hard not to like some of what the Oilers have done. Addressing secondary scoring with cheap deals for Arvidsson in particular, but also Skinner, is nice work. Connor Brown staying at $1M after the big role he played in the playoffs is nice, too.

The question will be, can their defense - as a unit and as a team - springboard off their solid run of play in the playoffs, or was it a flash in the pan. Their PK certainly won’t stay at 98% or whatever it was, and Nurse and Ceci are still going to Nurse and Ceci - but if they can maintain the level of commitment to defense they showed this spring, they’ll have finally cemented themselves as a legitimate threat.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Cap friendly is telling me that so long as we sign Silovs to $1M or under, we won’t have to go into LTIR to start the season.
Could start the year with Pantera as the back up since Silovs is the only waiver free guy this year on the team

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If the right trade comes along, the Canucks could free up 6 million worth of cap space.

Some of you need to relax.

Yes they're clearly not done. Have a decent amount of actionable cap space and can make a trade. Allvin has done of of his better shopping on bargains later in the season. I expect we'll add another right-shot defenseman.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad