Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
It might lack the flashy, eye-popping "big name" but I think our forward group this year is top notch. It looks like a complete unit 1 through 13 that'll be hardworking without passengers. It looks like a forward group that'll battle in a playoff series. I feel very comfortable with this forward group.

Right now the biggest weakness is our bottom pairing D but there's still plenty of time to address that.

Agreed. Our forward group looks like a great balance of skill, size, and nastiness, lots of depth and our forward core is better today than it was last year.

But that glaring RHD slot on the second pairing has got to be filled, and not with some dumpster diving type of player either. Myers ain't it!!!!

If we can get someone legit to play with Soucy that opens up a lot of options for us to rotate our D a bit depending on the circumstances.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
It might lack the flashy, eye-popping "big name" but I think our forward group this year is top notch. It looks like a complete unit 1 through 13 that'll be hardworking without passengers. It looks like a forward group that'll battle in a playoff series. I feel very comfortable with this forward group.

Right now the biggest weakness is our bottom pairing D but there's still plenty of time to address that.
I would like another goal scorer. Easily could address it at the deadline.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Definitely glad we dodged some of these guys. Stephenson’s contract is yikes.

I’d be surprised if we don’t add a defensemen. I don’t think Forbort will be our only add back there. Boqvist (or Carrier, if we are dreaming) come to mind as puck movers.
I've been pounding the table for Boqvist for awhile as a reclamation. Not sure how they would manage it with Hughes Hronek but he still intrigues me as someone who could mature and become a bit of a Forsling

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
a detail perhaps but each of forbort, heinen and debrusk regularly kill penalties. sherwood dipped his toe into the pk last season

i also assume the fact all these signings have shown they can play a tight defensive system under demanding coaching staffs made them seem safe.

i think one or both of hoglander and pods are gone.

Reactions: dez

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Amadio was a good signing by Ottawa. I'm happy getting Heinen though. Had both as value stop gap targets for top6 positions that could move up and down the roster

Reactions: vancityluongo

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Trading Hoglander would be a big mistake. He probably won't match that goal total again, but the energy level he brings and the "threat" to have a 20 goal scorer making $1m in your bottom 6 is too valuable. Having a guy like that is crucial for your secondary scoring when teams try to lockup your top lines.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
why would Canucks trade Hoglander? his trade value isn't enough to land a top RHD and he's a cheap bottom 6 player with good upside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad