Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Shane Pinto get on the phone Allvin let's pivot to trades not much in free agency anyway worth pursuing. Big RHC that could play wing and pivot to centre would look nice beside EP.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Teams in our division have improved. So far we've gone in the opposite direction by potentially losing Z and Lindholm. As of now the roster on paper has taken a step back. I don't think there's any way one can deny that.
Who has significantly improved?

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Given some of these signings, I'd be happy with just some solid singles/doubles for depth.

• 1x puck moving third-pair PMD
    PO Joseph, Adam Boqvist, Erik Brannstrom,, Jake Bean, etc
  • 1x physical defensive defenseman
    Jani Hakanpaa, Joel Edmundson, Ilya Lyubushkin, Ian Cole, etc
  • 1x bottom-six forechecker
    Jordan Martinook, Brandon Duhaime, Tyler Motte, Ryan Lomberg, Kiefer Sherwood, etc
  • 1x middle-six forward
    Jake Debrusk, Chandler Stephenson, Viktor Arvidsson, Anthony Duclair, etc

These other teams around the league are going to be seized with no cap space after today if they keep spending like this for Yakov Trenin and Brandon Montour.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I was annoyed. Now I'm getting outright pissed off. I don't want to hear a thing about benning running out of time when Rutherford didn't even set an alarm.
I don’t think anyone has linked us to those players

Also, there’s technically no timer for off season move

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
But seriously - what is the point in having cap space if you don't use it? You're just icing an incomplete team.

Trading for more players will cost assets we can't afford to lose.
Having cap space going into the season is super valueable because it allows you to accrue capspace and make a huge splash at the trade deadline. Adding just some depth pieces to replace Cole and Zadorov should leave us with some room to make a big acquisition during the season.

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
At this point, barring a trade, you have to think the smart move is to enter the season with a significant amount of cap space and be opportunistic when teams start underperforming in the first couple months of the season.

The roster is obviously not as strong as the one we ended the season with, but if Petey returns to form it should still be firmly in the playoff mix until some moves can be made. Cap flexibility will pay dividends over the course of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad