Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I just don't understand giving up picks to clear cap to not use it...
Eh, better to have the opportunity to use it than not to use it. Would've sucked if a big-name UFA did make it to free agency only for the Canucks to not have any money to spend.

I think to a certain degree Mikheyev needed to be fired from the team for his no-show last year. You can't let a player like that continue without repercussions. It's important for team chemistry and culture.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
When people say you can't control where players go, I can understand that. But at some point this is not going to be enough.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
When people say you can't control where players go, I can understand that. But at some point this is not going to be enough.

Most teams in the West haven't done anything either. the 2 most active western teams, were non playoff teams (Chicago and San Jose) I don't think we should worry too much.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Definitely disappointing how the Vancouver Canucks went from landing Guentzal to Carolina trading him & he signs in Tampa over the weekend stings a little bit.

I think if Winnipeg & Vancouver try to work out a trade the main player that might be interesting would be McGroarty but doubtful the Vancouver Canucks have the assets to land him (Höglander + is the starting point).

As for dmen I wouldn't mind taking a swing on Hakanpaa as a cheap Z replacement. I feel like he fits in as a Tocchet style dman

Would easily do something like Hoglander + 2nd for McGroarty.

Like Hakanpaa too - havfen't heard anything about him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
People need to relax and realize there is still lots of off-season left.

Only 2 western teams made moves.

It was Bertuzzi to Chicago and Toffoli to San Jose. Everyone else lost. Maybe Edmonton, they got Connor brown.

I don't think we should make a signing just for the sake of it and regret it later. If nothing happens, then we just move on. We can weaponize our cap space later. we can take Ehlers off winnipeg and force them to add Rutgar as a sweetner or something.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Depth players it is:
-Monahan kinda rebound a bit last yr - a cheaper replacement for lindholm

-Arvidsson and or skinner
-another dman

Just go big at tdl (crosby)

• Haha
Reactions: Big zZz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad