Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
Really hoping the Canucks sign Kylington. He's been on my radar for a while. Solid Top 4 D that has run into injuries and personal issues the past couple of years, but it seems to be behind him now. He would likely be signing a bargain 1-2 year deal and he's still only 27 years old. Him and Myers would be a solid third-pairing and the Canucks can then focus on getting a bigger fish for the right-side.

Another one is Jakub Vrana as a low-risk, high-reward signing.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
The UFA market is not very appealing for top 6 scorers, and tragically that was our main goal.

I say focus on building the defence and maintain cap space. Scoring wingers are plenty, something will shake loose. That said we are taking a step back next year in terms of roster strength

Reactions: Lindgren

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Well, fiddleshits. This certainly doesn't really look promising out of the gate.

We're not likely to directly replace Lindholm or Zadorov with who is in market and would actually come here. And anyone we sign in that B/C tier of players will likely cost more than their true value.

However - this management group has earned the benefit of the doubt. Let's just see what happens before we write the season off as a bust.

Stamkos and Marchessault are the best of who is left up front but there will be stiff competition and they'll get big contracts.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
There suddenly ain’t much in the UFA market that’s very appetizing.

Such is the way, not much we can do about it.

Still have some hope for our management to scrape something together, but I'd be lying if I said this was not a disappointment.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
There suddenly ain’t much in the UFA market that’s very appetizing.

This happens every single year. You can't count on free agency to fill big holes, it's meant for supplementing your roster. Any star players you get are just gravy. 9/10 times they end up staying put or some other team snakes them before they get to market.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The risk with the route they’ve taken punting futures and not prioritizing the pipeline in favour of near term ceiling is you’ll always be at the mercy of the market and you don’t have a lot of ammunition outside of free agents to improve the team. So this is always a probable outcome when you don’t have a lot of trade chips and no push from below. But they decided to go this way so you deal with the hand you’re dealt.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Such is the way, not much we can do about it.

Still have some hope for our management to scrape something together, but I'd be lying if I said this was not a disappointment.

The fact that they were quick to move on from Lindholm and Zadorov seems like they were confident in replacing them. I don't know how you can really do that now.

It'll have to be more like a 2nd line winger/3rd line center/5th defenceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad