Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

dez

Mar 3, 2012
I'm kind of happy the big fish in Guentzel, Reinhart, and even Tanev and Zadorov are gone. Long-term free-agent over-payments, in my eyes. I'd rather they use the cap to build a deep team, than a top-heavy one.
Get ready for mid tier free agent overpayments. I cant see this team not use there cap space, whether its free agency or waiting for the trade market to open up they will use the space they have.

• Wow
Reactions: LandfiII

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I'm kind of happy the big fish in Guentzel, Reinhart, and even Tanev and Zadorov are gone. Long-term free-agent over-payments, in my eyes. I'd rather they use the cap to build a deep team, than a top-heavy one.
While true, top end talent is stretched thin with a watered down league now. We also have a core that needs to make a push quickly with little to nothing coming through the system

Reactions: Cascadian Canadian

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Get ready for mid tier free agent overpayments. I cant see this team not use there cap space, whether its free agency or waiting for the trade market to open up they will use the space they have.
Last year they signed Suter, Blueger, Cole and Soucy.
None were overpayments but obviously we weren’t going big game hunting. Let’s see how it plays out.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Goalies:
-looking for a veteran depth goalie; willing to commit up to 1.5m
-also considering lesser known options

Bottom-6 Forward with Speed:
-Ryan Lomberg and Tyler Motte
-budgeting around 1m

Left-Handed Defender:
-Zadorov wanted to play a more prominent role going forward
-didn't get close with Cole
-looking at options in the 2m range
-been told to watch Jake Bean, PO Joseph, and Adam Boqvist

Top-6 Forward:
-priority all summer
-Guentzel was the top target
-could opt to chase multiple top-6 forwards
-will spend most of their capspace here
-has had interested in Toffoli, Stephenson, and Zucker
-rumblings the Canucks will be priced out on Toffoli on Monday
-wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks heavily court Marchessault, Teravainen, and Duclair
-haven't shown interest in Skinner, Stamkos, or Bertuzzi

Brenden Dillon:
-Canucks have interest
-not expected to be a front runner for him
-Devils, Kings, and Bruins in the mix

Joel Edmundson:
-when checked on Sunday, was told the Canucks will go in a different direction

Teravainen would be interesting from a two way perspective. Capable scorer that can also PK. But I worry about his price tag.

Vector’s day would be saved with a PO Joseph signing. :laugh:

If Lomberg has priced himself out of Florida, hard to see him fitting into a $1M bracket in Vancouver.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
f*** offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

My vision is twin 30 year old 40 point wingers with term

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
I suppose there's that :laugh:. If they can avoid overpayments entirely, then I'm happy. Going into the season with a few question marks isn't the end of the world, especially if Lekkerimaki, EP2, and others are capable of making the jump.

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
While true, top end talent is stretched thin with a watered down league now. We also have a core that needs to make a push quickly with little to nothing coming through the system

Lekkerimaki and Willander are tracking well. But, I agree the window is relatively small; not a lot of room for error. That said, if you take on a bad contract that you can't move, and, like many, they don't have chemistry with Petey, then they're screwed.

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
some bargain bin shopping me thinks? Sprong? take a chance on Nylander? former Penguins

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Teravainen would be interesting from a two way perspective. Capable scorer that can also PK. But I worry about his price tag.

Vector’s day would be saved with a PO Joseph signing. :laugh:

If Lomberg has priced himself out of Florida, hard to see him fitting into a $1M bracket in Vancouver.
Teravainen would come in as the softest Canuck. Not exactly a Tocchet type player.

Reactions: dez and VanillaCoke

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Free agency literally never works out for this team. Dan Hamhuis might be the only stellar signing.

We are always the bridesmaid or signing C talent to B contracts.
Two years ago we won the sweepstakes and got a 40 goal winger on a 900k deal. It didnt end well but we had that for a year. Same offseason we got an unsigned draftee who then made the NHL out of camp as a bottom sixer at 23. We signed another AHL player to an 800k deal and he became a 20-20 physical middle sixer.

Id say weve been pretty stellar at FA

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Why are people freaking out and feeling like they failed on free agents that act on their own will and are not in the control of the team?
Lol it always happens, but I have to say it's pretty funny and entertaining reading some of these takes. It's like a spoiled child that didn't get their way having a fit for no reason haha.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Would easily give Marchessault something in in the 3 x $6.5M range. That guy is only a small downgrade on Guentzel/Reinhart.

I would even be willing to tack on a fourth year to bring the cap hit down.

If they want a fast fourth liner, Justin Bailey, Max Comtois and Max Jones are all much better fits IMO.

Seravelli says Vegas taking a run at Stamkos tomorrow.

f*** that franchise.

Swapping Marchessault out for Stamkos, coupled with taking on an aging Hertl, is the beginning of the end for this Vegas juggernaut.

I haven't been the biggest fan of Craig Conroy, but I think him owning Vegas' 2026 unprotected first isa fairly shrewd move.

Reactions: Lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad