Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
according to the internets the leafs squeezed nearly 22 minutes a game out of brodie last year. i had no idea. is he a possible value proposition? this management seems to like the versatility of rd/ld guys.

Reactions: David71

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
This one will probably get over 1000 before the night is done.
Now that I'm home from hockey that's almost certain!
Don't get why people are upset that other players are signing with teams which Vancouver has zero control over.

Let's see what happens tomorrow before we judge. Trust the process.

maxresdefault.jpg
Big agree I'm not worried at all still.

Fine with a big fish or a couple small ones, hoping for something exciting outta nowhere that gets me jacked up all summer, but also fine with toffoli tier.
I am still pumped stone hands is gone, we have cap space, assets, roster spots and ppl with functional brains in charge.

I'll prob be up at 6am and just wait for the fireworks.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It is interesting to note that every Allvin acquisition this year are the ones walking. Zadorov, Lindholm, Cole, DeSmith, Lafferty ect.

Dudes got a plan just no clue what it is.
There is a case to be made for cementing a core and then replacing players on the edges. The problem of course is when you need to pay higher premiums for those non-core players, as is often the case in FA.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Now that I'm home from hockey that's almost certain!

Big agree I'm not worried at all still.

Fine with a big fish or a couple small ones, hoping for something exciting outta nowhere that gets me jacked up all summer.
I am still pumped stone hands is gone, we have cap space, assets, roster spots and ppl with brains in charge.

I'll prob be up at 6am and just wait for the fireworks.
1000026501.gif

Current view of the big fish they were looking at

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Eh maybe, they also could have paid up for him at the deadline. We’re hyper pick deficient and aren’t located in a competitive US state. I don’t have much of an issue with it.

I don't think the US market competition is as big a factor as some are making it out to be. This may be a case of which team that matches his new market price expectation first. CAR didn't and TBay did.

We had a 3rd for next year. It's a soft price to pay for a game breaker...

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
Off topic, but in the NHL can non-monetary incentives for signing be added to a contract? For instance in the MLB Jon Lester got in his contract with the Cubs some private jet usage and an apartment-like accommodation for on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay