Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The Canucks will be in LTIR and won't accumulate space. Unless they enter 3+ million under the cap they're best off adding some expiring contracts that they can move with futures. Alex Iafallo, Reilly Smith, etc.
I mean 2M under with Poolman accounted for… we have like 15M left right now? If Guentzel is not available, I don’t think we should be spending that much anyways.. get a budget LD RD and then like 2 low cost wingers for like 13M total

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
The Yzerplan is getting weirder, and weirder.
1719800997763.png

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wonder if we shift our focus to strengthening the bottom of the roster if all the main targets are gone. A big fish like Guentzel or Reinhart would have meant a fourth line of PDG/Aman/Podkolzin or something like it. Lomberg, Duhaime, Lizotte, Steel could be interesting adds.

There’s some interesting bottom six types out there that could make our fourth line a lot tougher to play against. And some depth defenders, too. I’ve mentioned Hakanpaa and Desharnais a few times as possible third pairing guys. On the puck moving side, some interesting options becoming available with Brannstrom, Boqvist, etc

And then still have cap space to pursue the trade route through the off season and into the season.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think Debrusk would be a good fit with Miller and Boeser

He’d be a good fit but that’s it. He doesn’t add anything dynamic to this team. He’s a complimentary player. A supercharged Suter without the Centre utility. Will get you 40-60 points for 5 years. I’d much rather spend that money on difference making scoring forward or a defenceman.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
What would a Marner trade look like realistically? Save the main board discussions of all the top prospects from Vancouver going over, because that’s never how it goes down.

I’m trying to think of the Kessel trade as a guideline, something like a top prospect, current roster player, 1st, 3rd/equalvalent prospect?

So Lekk, Hog, 1st, 3rd? Or Silovs instead of Hog? Presuming extension all worked out.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Yzerman has made some questionable signings over the past few years but how is a 6.5M x 1 year contract for a player coming off a PPG season a bad one?

Even if Wings are out of the playoff picture and he has a bad year, he has enough clout to garner something at the deadline.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm not really worried about the forwards because I never really expected the Canucks to get a top dog, and there's a decent number of 2nd tier options.

But I am very concerned about the D.
Demelo gone. Tanev and Carrier likely gone soon. Zadorov isn't coming back. Roy and Montour likely out of our price range. Pesce likely going to NJ.

So that leaves Sean Walker as a top 4 RD.
Dillon is a LD option, but Dhaliwal made it sound like he isn't coming here anymore. (Bruins and Kings going hard after him)

Reactions: vancityluongo

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yzerman has made some questionable signings over the past few years but how is a 6.5M x 1 year contract for a player coming off a PPG season a bad one?

Even if Wings are out of the playoff picture and he has a bad year, he has enough clout to garner something at the deadline.
35+ contract so that signing bonus can slide over to next years cap if they go spend up to max cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay