Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Skjei, Roy, Marchessault, Dillon and obviously Reinhart would be great signings still.

Arvidsson, Stephenson, Toffoli, Heinen, DeBrusk would all be decent adds depending on cost.

And there are other names still out there as well.
Yeah I think it’s fine if we get a couple of cheaper guys and enter the season with like 2M under the cap.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Why not Teravainen and Skjei as our signings. Would anyone be upset with that?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think mgmt might have screwed up their evaluations for FA.

I think they sort of saw the writing on the wall with the Lindholm offer and him refusing to sign. They wouldn’t have given him that AAV if they’re were at all confident in Guentzel/Reinhart. Only thing you can really critique is not capitulating on Zadorov. Not sure what else they could have done differently since the deadline.

Reactions: MS

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
It’s time to have a couple local guys on the team. We need at least one of: Reinhart, Dillon, or Heinen.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I think they sort of saw the writing on the wall with the Lindholm offer and him refusing to sign. They wouldn’t have given him that AAV if they’re were at all confident in Guentzel/Reinhart. Only thing you can really critique is not capitulating on Zadorov. Not sure what else they could have done differently since the deadline.

Trade for Guentzel's rights. The Canes don't want him going to TBay. A 3rd would have done it, and then you have the time to hammer out a deal.

I hate dealing picks, but this was their shot to get a game breaker.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
This is like that old MadTv skit Lowered Expecations. We're going from Guentzel Zadorov Tanev to the reality of Cam Atkinson, Victor Olfosson, and Ian Cole by tuesday.
1000026488.gif

Such a great skit lol

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Trade for Guentzel's rights. The Canes don't want him going to TBay. A 3rd would have done it, and then you have the time to hammer out a deal.

I hate dealing picks, but this was their shot to get a game breaker.

Eh maybe, they also could have paid up for him at the deadline. We’re hyper pick deficient and aren’t located in a competitive US state. I don’t have much of an issue with it.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Crazy opportunities open up with CAP flexibility so while losing out on Guentzel sucks, being patient for something even better is a real possibility for us next season - see it every year. Not 14M worth of flexibility but like 3M.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Too early to hit the panic button my dudes.

It's possible the players that have gotten away thus far were never in their plans to begin with, either because they simply didn't want them (guys like Marino) or they just didn't see them as a realistic option for any number of reasons (guys like Tanev or Guentzel).

Still lots of options on the board and this management group has proven they love to trade. Way too many possible scenarios and permutations to judge anything right now. Players that no insider has mentioned are likely available via trade, or will become available once a team needs to make room for a free agent they've been courting.

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the signings we make are a tad underwhelming and the team decides they rather keep cap space open to better maneuver down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay