Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Got my eyes on Montour, Skjei, Roy and Marchessault. If Reinhart goes.

pass on marchessault

if reinhart is off the table i think they should try to trade for a winger instead. none of the remaining free agent options are attractive at all. maybe arvidsson, bertuzzi, debrusk or wennberg if they come in under 5m but stay away from stephenson, toffoli, marchessault, tarasenko, skinner, stamkos, etc

Reactions: Josepho and Vector

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
pass on marchessault

if reinhart is off the table i think they should try to trade for a winger instead. none of the remaining free agent options are attractive at all. maybe arvidsson, bertuzzi, debrusk or wennberg if they come in under 5m but stay away from stephenson, toffoli, marchessault, tarasenko, skinner, stamkos, etc

Reinhart is a winger almost exclusively

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
pass on marchessault

I think we should take a run at Laine and gamble that he returns to 60 points.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
pass on marchessault

Arvidsson is the only free agent scorer that intrigues me beyond Reinhart. Would rather just hold firm and boost the defence then throw good money around just for the sake of it.

Trade route is interesting. Other than Laine, I wonder if there’s someone they could get for cheap due to their contract.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
pass on marchessault

The best play driving winger 5 on 5 with elite 5 on 5 production one season removed from a Conn Smythe. It depends on term but he is so much better than any of these players I bolded it's not close. Plus he has that dog in in him which is very important.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
The best play driving winger 5 on 5 with elite 5 on 5 production one season removed from a Conn Smythe. It depends on term but he is so much better than any of these players I bolded it's not close. Plus he has that dog in in him which is very important.

i'm a big marchessault fan but giving him term is a mistake. he's nearly a decade older than some of the players on that list

Reactions: bh53 and Vector

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Although he was good for us during the playoffs, very unfortunate that the team wasn't able to swap Lindholm for Guentzel before the TDL. That's what cost us here imo, not giving up a 3rd (which we don't even have for a few years) for his rights.

Reactions: bh53

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If they are going to sign a top-six forward or two—let’s channel the Pavol Demitra / Mats Sundin / Mikael Samuelsson type of signing—and not the Loui Eriksson type.

Reactions: bh53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay