Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Summer Doldrums

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Reminds me a bit of the Hall-Larsson trade but with less valuable pieces. One team overpaying with an offensive in a position of strength for a matchup player in a position of need. I always though Edmonton was much better off making that trade, or would of been if Chiarelli f*** up literally every other transaction. Buffalo lost the value, but got a youngish player in a tole they desperately needed.

Reactions: alternate

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
@Vector
Buffalo. I understand their reasoning and I'm not high on Savoie but McLeod is a very underwhelming return.

I don't know that he is the missing piece for Buffalo, but McLeod is a very underrated player IMO. Probably a top 5 skater in the game, absolutely elite wheels.. He was a big piece of the vaunted Edmonton PK in the playoffs (on ice for 0 GA 36MIN). This is why i was so stubborn about Mikheyev, because if his knee is right next season, he becomes a very valuable asset.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
@Vector

I don't know that he is the missing piece for Buffalo, but McLeod is a very underrated player IMO. Probably a top 5 skater in the game, absolutely elite wheels.. He was a big piece of the vaunted Edmonton PK in the playoffs (on ice for 0 GA 36MIN). This is why i was so stubborn about Mikheyev, because if his knee is right next season, he becomes a very valuable asset.

All I can see with McLeod is a fast guy who's good at the PK but really doesn't do much the majority of the time on the ice. He's not particularly physical despite having size and speed.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
after the initial reaction i've cooled off a bit on this and feel it's only a slight overpayment for buffalo.

they're loaded with prospects and it's a very unattractive UFA market.

i think they need a veteran defenceman though

Reactions: bossram

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
ryan mcleod is much better then blueger and the canucks need both. their 4th line center right now is either aman or suter
He isn't if we are upgrading our 3rd Line center position and spending an asset like Lekkerimäki I am hoping for a bigger upgrade than Mcleod. Blueger produced at a very similar rate this year, McLeod also played on Draisaitl's wing this year at times. Also other than his pk prowess he was pretty bad in the playoffs at times unplayable. Watching him in the playoffs he is very soft and loses a ton of puck battles.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I know we need another top 4 D and top 6 forward, and this is stating the obvious, but Demko's health going into the playoffs must be this team's #1 priority this season. Will need to get through Edmonton and he's our game breaker.

Reactions: Flik

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
after the initial reaction i've cooled off a bit on this and feel it's only a slight overpayment for buffalo.

they're loaded with prospects and it's a very unattractive UFA market.

i think they need a veteran defenceman though
True. But, what vet Dman is waiving a mntc to Buffalo? That’s the issue when you haven’t turned the corner.

And if there was a club that was open to a deal how many smaller guys do they having in their system? Only so many slots to go around for smaller guys unfortunately. Just the reality of the game.

Buffalo did draft a lot of the same type of player.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Interesting people are critical of the Sabres for having too many soft skill wingers and needing a PK matchup center.

While simultaneously praising edm who added nothing but soft skilled wingers, to a team full of soft skilled wingers, while losing their PK matchup C. (Although they retained Henrique)

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Interesting people are critical of the Sabres for having too many soft skill wingers and needing a PK matchup center.

While simultaneously praising edm who added nothing but soft skilled wingers, to a team full of soft skilled wingers, while losing their PK matchup C. (Although they retained Henrique)
I see what you're saying. You can get away with more "soft skilled wingers" when your top 2 centers are the best in the league though.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022

McLeod to Henrique is a big downgrade defensively and on the PK IMO.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Australian's have the dumbest accents.

I watched a season of the Australian survivor and there was a guy on there talking about how being a grandpa was the best but he phrased it by saying "being a pop to those kids is the ducks nuts!"

Imagine that in an Australian accent.

Reactions: Vector

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
New? They've been swarming for years. There was a summer, when I live in Vancouver, there were signs on every store that read "WE ARE NOT HIRING ANY IRISH".
Not new new but newer than Aussies.

It use to be everyone complained about the Aussies.

Now it's definitely the Irish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad