Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If we leave our top 6 upgrades until the deadline, who will actually be available?

Crosby - longshot
Buchnevich?

Who else?
Philadelphia is probably the most interesting trade partner. It'll be difficult to know what teams fall out of the playoff picture until it happens, but I can't imagine Brady Tkachuk has too much more patience in Ottawa.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I wonder if Reinhart will go to FA now that Guentzel is off the table. His contract value just went up.

I am fine with the Canucks doing nothing substantial/long-term up front tomorrow and reserving cap-space. Keep that powder dry and have the cap space ready if a premium player hits the market mid-season.

So we can give up more assets to acquire them?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This is just the reality of being a small market Canadian team. Other Southern or major metropolitan markets have a huge comparative advantage including the tax factor

Just wait it out until and dip into the bargain bin in August or aim for some PTO's in September.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
If we leave our top 6 upgrades until the deadline, who will actually be available?

Crosby - longshot
Buchnevich?

Who else?

Realistically, the ones who are on bad teams, that are upcoming UFA's that might be moved include:

Nyquist
Konecny
Giroux
Buchnevich
Vatrano
Palmieri
Nelson

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Every star free agent either signs in New York or Florida. Tavares was the exception.
Not every star!

CmTgCGEWIAEt32t.jpg

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
This is just the reality of being a small market Canadian team. Other Southern or major metropolitan markets have a huge comparative advantage including the tax factor

Just wait it out until and dip into the bargain bin in August or aim for some PTO's in September.
Small market?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Yeah, I'm not a fan of signing a guy who shot 25% this year and has poor skating to a bloated contract. I don't think that should be an unpopular opinion

The reality is big UFAs don’t really sign here. Reinhart you got a bit of a leg up due to him being local and just having won the Cup. It is not an opportunity that happens all that often with the cap space we have.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Again, we CAN load up the D and put EP with Joshua and Garland, then fill the third line with a couple of cheaper FA signings. That could be option D or E if things don't work out with Reinhart or another top winger tomorrow.
But that’s a complete step backwards from last year.

Allvin already said the team was not good enough.

So you make the 3rd line the 2nd line (even though they played that way last year with Teddy)?

More is expected.

Lets see if Allvin can actually do it or it was all talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay