Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Price for Reinhart on a 7 year deal wil be 11+, I can see Flames offering that if he hits the market.

• Wow
Reactions: arttk

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Tampa going from Sergachev, Stamkos and Jeannot to McDonagh, Moser, Geekie, and Guentzel is one hell of a swing for them.

At our expense, unfortunately. Assuming no Reinhart either, I think I'd rather swing at a high upside trade than the mid UFA market.
Nucks have nothing to trade though.

Laine is the only one to come to mind but CBJ isn’t going to give him away and enough teams have space there could be a decent level of interest.

Not a great start.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Don't worry Nucks fans, not everybody was so willing to blatantly tamper I guess. Was hoping he would go to Van tho.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Nucks have nothing to trade though.

Laine is the only one to come to mind but CBJ isn’t going to give him away and enough teams have space there could be a decent level of interest.

Not a great start.

I agree, some people are being too passive about this. No need to panic but they cannot leave tomorrow down Lindholm/Zadorov and having replaced them with duct tape.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Price for Reinhart on a 7 year deal wil be 11+, I can see Flames offering that if he hits the market.

Florida was apparently offering him over $10M on near max term, if he isn’t signing that with the tax situation down there, something is up. Nobody can near offer what they can financially with the 8th year.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Florida was apparently offering him over $10M on near max term, if he isn’t signing that with the tax situation down there, something is up. Nobody can near offer what they can financially with the 8th year.

He wants to bring a cup home and have a statue built outside of the Rog

Hooz

Oct 25, 2017
Loading up on the blueline and making it to the deadline with bargain bin pro scouting bets up front wouldn’t be the worst thing. Preferable to giving a Toffoli or Stephenson type a bloated contract at least.

Reactions: TruGr1t

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I think the real missed opportunity to have acquired Guentzel long-term was last year at the deadline.

It probably would have cost Lekkerimaki or Hoglander—and moving Lindholm for cap space.

But that was probably their best shot to lock him down.

Either that, or just waited on trading for Lindholm until you knew whether Guentzel would be available (or not) before the deadline.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
We can absolutely get something of value using some combination of Hoglander/Willander/Lekkerimaki/Picks
They are not trading Willander.

And extremely doubtful they trade Lekk if they think he can play soon.

They have already traded a lot of high picks.

Hoglander has some value but not much.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
They are not trading Willander.

And extremely doubtful they trade Lekk if they think he can play soon.

They have already traded a lot of high picks.

Hoglander has some value but not much.
If they want a real difference maker they will have to give up some of these guys, but it's not like their system is completely barren like Edmonton.

I don't care if they've already traded many high picks. Vegas/Florida have used basically every single first they've had as currency and it's worked out very well for them. It's preferable to not doing anything or pissing your cap space away.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If we leave our top 6 upgrades until the deadline, who will actually be available?

Crosby - longshot
Buchnevich?

Who else?

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I guess we’ll see how creative this group really is. I better not see any desperation signings tomorrow.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
You HAVE to address the Top 6 in the offseason.

Nucks have 3 Top 6 F right now and it was very apparent in the playoffs EP needed help.

If they do not do this and wait till the season, that’s a complete fail all around.

Reactions: Fraser28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay