Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Tomorrow:
- miss out on Guentzel
- one slight overpayment on a middle 6 forward
- one slight overpayment on a bottom 4 D
- two depth signings that we balk at but it ends up being like Pius Suter and we applaud pro scouting 6 months later
- Martin Jones, Brandon Duhaime signs

Quote me cowards
We'll miss out on everyone because they're so focused on Guentzel just like Benning was on OEL.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Been holding my breath on him for a while. Surprised he’s not signed. Guentzel a bit of a mercenary wild card I think largely based on salary. We have a shot due to the Pens connections, but Reinhart being a local guy having just won the Cup is really intriguing he’s not locked up.

Right handed too. I could see him being a beast with either Miller or Petey. Maybe Interchange C/Wing depending on situations. Would 100% love to get him.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Right handed too. I could see him being a beast with either Miller or Petey. Maybe Interchange C/Wing depending on situations. Would 100% love to get him.

Yeah he’s basically Lindholm on steroids but he leans W more than C. Don’t get the face off ace really, but probably better defensively and offensively. We know they tried to sign Lindholm.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Somehow it would be funny if it ends up being Lindholm and Zad back in Vancouver.
I kind of like this mysterious air about the team and their decisions. I'll be patient enough to see what the roster looks like when the seasons begins. The great bargains seem to get signed in the summer, and the vast majority of the terrible ones happens opening day.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
So would signing one of Guentzel/Reinhart and someone like Roy move us into top tier contenders? I'd like to think so.

But managing the cap might be impossible.
Yes it would, though it would require another trade to make cap space. Plus we would still need to sign silovs and likely another dman.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Somehow it would be funny if it ends up being Lindholm and Zad back in Vancouver.
I kind of like this mysterious air about the team and their decisions. I'll be patient enough to see what the roster looks like when the seasons begins. The great bargains seem to get signed in the summer, and the vast majority of the terrible ones happens opening day.

It can be rather infuriating for the fans who are looking for stuff to get their hopes up or/and be upset about. But overall it is MUCH better to keep your cards close to your chest instead of broadcasting your intentions every step of the way.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Somehow I get the feeling that this management can wipe their ass and scratch their nose without mixing up their hands
Canucks braintrust hard at work

1719793302550.png

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Fact FA doesn’t open until 9am is total BS.

It should be midnight.

Make these donkeys at Sportsnet and TSN work during the middle of the night.

Listen, I'm a night owl. I have no problem being up until most ungodly hours of the night. The sun comes up and I am pissed. However, tomorrow...tomorrow let me have brief calm as I get rid of the children and just settle in.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I’d be shocked if Lindholm ends up anywhere but Boston.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Oh man there are some interesting names out there.

Would be great to get one of Lizotte or Carrier for a bottom-6 upgrade.

Like the idea of swinging on a one year deal for Alex Nylander in the miracle situation where we also are landing a tier 1 forward in Reinhart/Guentzel. If not Tier 1 forwards I would like to go after Marchessault/Arvidsson types.

Would kill for Matt Roy but would also love Tanev. Barring that, Alex Carrier.

This could be a franchise defining free agency season I haven't been this excited in a decade.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Listen, I'm a night owl. I have no problem being up until most ungodly hours of the night. The sun comes up and I am pissed. However, tomorrow...tomorrow let me have brief calm as I get rid of the children and just settle in.
Jesus.

I know tomorrow is a big day and we all got to get ready for it.

But getting rid of your kids seems alittle extreme no?

I mean, you might want to see them again starting July 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay