Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Reinhart is similar to a Necas acquisition.

Does not have the same speed and little older.

But RHS who primarily plays wing but can play C if needed.

Given the Nucks previously reported interest in Necas and him being a local kid, I would not be at all surprised if mgmt makes a push if he hits FA.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
How about trading for Burakovsky? After his poor performance in Seattle we could probably have them retain or add a pick to the trade. He's only 29 and 3 years left at $5.5 million. Played well in Colorado and he has some size.

Reactions: credulous

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Reinhart's entire family are big members at Hollyburn in West Van, probably the ritziest sports club in all of Canada. That's where the boys all played their 12-14 year old seasons if I'm not mistaken. Paul is in there all the time.

For what it's going to take to sign him, I would much rather have Guentzel. But if he would take 9.5x7 to come home...in our position, we would seriously need to consider that.
Yeah it was them, Morgan Rielly, and Kerfoot. I believe JT Miller might be a member there too so Sam, his bros, and him can all yuk it up there together.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
How about trading for Burakovsky? After his poor performance in Seattle we could probably have them retain or add a pick to the trade. He's only 29 and 3 years left at $5.5 million. Played well in Colorado and he has some size.

I don’t know if he’s a Tocchet player. Avs didn’t miss him when he was hurt in their cup run. He’d be an interesting 1 year reclamation UFA but I wouldn’t risk 3 years at 5.5 or even if they retained some.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Getting a third round pick for just his rights is really good. But if a player is leaving, not much you can do. It's like saying the Canucks fumbled it with Lindholm.

I wonder about this team's tearing themselves apart to open cap space being a canary in the cold mine for free agents. How the Lighting/Guentzal thing plays out will validate my thinking here. Joining the Lightning without Stamkos and being the reason there's no more Tampa in Stamkos is a weird situation to decide to step into. Vs Vancouver who mostly able to keep it's team together and has a seamless spot to join.

I might just be coping tho!
Sounds like Guentzels camp wanted 8x8 and CAR dragged their feet for days. By the time CAR agreed, Guentzel was long gone. They shouldve been all over that the moment it was an option. Their days of looking smart with no old guys are going to quickly bite them by losing all their riches to a watered down league

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

In order news, what's everyone's Canada Day plans?

It’s also my wedding anniversary. Dropping the kids off at my parents in Chilliwack at 8am. Hurrying back to Abbotsford and watching the UFA period while HF collapses. Wife will be at yoga until noon. Probably head out to some local establishments in the mid-afternoon.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Blake Lizotte going on qualified by LA. He’s a guy that’s stood out to me whenever watching them play. Would be a good addition to our bottom six.

On that note, I wonder about Podkolzin. What does the team foresee his role being? He’s getting a $1M AAV for two years, but has 3 NHL goals in his last two partial seasons combined.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It’s also my wedding anniversary. Dropping the kids off at my parents in Chilliwack at 8am. Hurrying back to Abbotsford and watching the UFA period while HF collapses. Wife will be at yoga until noon. Probably head out to some local establishments in the mid-afternoon.

My kids aren’t very interested in the local Canada Day parade this year, so that means more time for me to scrutinize all the activity on Twitter and HF.

Probably close to lunchtime we’ll go down for the food trucks and whatnot. And then the outdoor concerts in the evening I imagine my teenager will want to go to.

Reactions: Jovofan and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
My kids aren’t very interested in the local Canada Day parade this year, so that means more time for me to scrutinize all the activity on Twitter and HF.

Probably close to lunchtime we’ll go down for the food trucks and whatnot. And then the outdoor concerts in the evening I imagine my teenager will want to go to.

The Abbotsford parade is embarrassing and I sure as hell am not going to Vancouver for theirs so it’s perfect time to just hang out.

We did go to Vancouver and stay at a hotel last year for our 10th. Avoided the crowds and went to some breweries. Was an outstanding time.

Reactions: Jovofan

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver

I would've been interested a few years ago but apparently he's cooked and has a poor work ethic and is lazy.

Novak and Blais are 2 guys I would look at for our 4th line.

Congrats to you and the wifey

Reactions: Vector

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Cause they don’t f*** around and want to get a deal done asap so they can focus on other matters.
Linny and Tuck and Ming Ming too....the wonder pets are here for you. What's going to work.... teamwork! What's going to work..... teamwork!

Poster Just a Lot Angry needs to wind his clock back seven years and say' there's no place like home' ... regardless if it's a trailer in Whaley with a B/W set. Cynical and jaded is a bad process my friend. Get your dusty lungs outside and use your wit in a positive way.

I call a cup by 2027. But I'm a positive man. We all suffered 2015-2022. Jack Gordon traded the best power forward to lace them up for table scraps. I'm an expansion baby that's family had ST for years. We all hurt brother. Smoke some good kush and chill. You have great takes but you've lit you're few remaining strands on fire.

Believe.

Cause they don’t f*** around and want to get a deal done asap so they can focus on other matters.
Linny and Tuck and Ming Ming too....the wonder pets are here for you. What's going to work.... teamwork! What's going to work..... teamwork!

Poster Just a Lot Angry needs to wind his clock back seven years and say' there's no place like home' ... regardless if it's a trailer in Whaley with a B/W set. Cynical and jaded is a bad process my friend. Get your dusty lungs outside and use your wit in a positive way.

I call a cup by 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia