Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Looks like my mom on the washing machine

and how many years sam?

1719773713661.gif

• Haha
Reactions: rypper and Kryten

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That secondary market that's forming is really intriguing. Nylander II, Boquist, lol Nate Schmidt want to give it a Mulligan?

(Nate Schmidt is going back to Vegas cheap, 100% for sure)

Schmidt seemed to hate his time in Vancouver, doubt there’s anything happening there. He seemed to enjoy Vegas and Washington - nice guy, hope he lands somewhere good.

Interested to see who else goes unqualified today. Brannstrom and Nylander are two that surprised me a bit.

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Exactly this.

“Missing out” on Tanev, Guentzel, etc should be referred to as “walking away from” because these bidding wars are going to get out of hand in either term or AAV and I don’t care what player you are, if you are overpriced for what you bring, you are detrimental to your team.

Good deals only
Problem is that our contention window may only be about 3 years long. Every year you opt to be passive is another year that is down the drain. There is no guarantee you can get a needle moving player at a fair deal.

Essentially this team is built to win now. We aren’t in a position to be patient or drag our feet. Benning made sure of that.

Reactions: Lindgren

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Secondary market is always intriguing. Would absolutely look at Boqvist and Nylander.

Schmidt isn't coming back. Would be a shrewd pickup for Edmonton or Toronto though.

Not a huge Liljegren fan - hope we can avoid him.

Anyone know if Pierre-Olivier Joseph got qualified yet? I expect he will given Pittsburgh seems to finally be actively rebuilding, but you never know.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Secondary market is always intriguing. Would absolutely look at Boqvist and Nylander.

Schmidt isn't coming back. Would be a shrewd pickup for Edmonton or Toronto though.

Anyone know if Pierre-Olivier Joseph got qualified yet? I expect he will given Pittsburgh seems to finally be actively rebuilding, but you never know.

Joseph seems like a guy who will just inevitably be a Canuck at some point given the Pittsburgh connection plus Castonguay was his agent.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver

It is looking more promising now than a few days ago - should be some opportunities to flesh out the team's depth if they are able to take a big swing or two on FAs.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
for the hopium crowd the main market change i can see midweek was that the canucks opened up enough cap room to sign him and also extended a bunch of people. tampa didn't make their moves until yesterday. so if he was willing to take 8x8 on say tuesday but not on thursday, maybe we influenced that call.
Vancouver has been sending cute smiles at Guentzel since last TDL. They’ve been playing the long game.

Tampa just rolled up to the bar at closing time.

Reactions: Britton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad