Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I’d be down to take a cheap(keyword) gamble on a Nylander or Barabanov type, worst case Tocchet hates them and they hit waivers.

Best case they buy into the system and you find some cheap top 9 offense.

Really curious to see this team’s backup plans if Guentzel signs in Tampa

Reactions: BimJenning

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
I feel like Reinhart makes a lot of sense for Tampa actually. RH shooter to replace Stamkos spot on PP. More Florida.

I actually have a tough time imagining what Guentzel’s spot on Tampa’s PP looks like. Point doesn’t have a 1T, so either as a bumper on the right or a tap in option on the left?

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Same.

Reinhart is a player with *heavy* Vancouver ties, about as heavy as it gets. There's no way he isn't at least heavily tempted to sign here.
It's almost hilarious to say this considering he grew up on the mean streets of West Vancouver, but I doubt his decision will be money driven.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Brannstrom is an interesting bottom pairing target.

The Canucks were great in their own end last season, but outside of the Hughes pairing their inability to transition the puck up the ice was a big detriment in the playoffs.

If he can help in that department on a cheap, 1 year deal on the bottom pairing it would be a big boon. Team needs to make some cheap upside bets (in addition to the known need to get a regardless if they’re going to improve on last season.

Reactions: Grantham

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Ok, here's my final offer:

Sign Reinhart/JG for 9.5
Trade Garland for Laine (2.5m retained)
Sign Carrier for 3m
Sign Heinen or Nylander for the third line
Sign a vet Dman
Profit.

Reinhart/JG Miller Boser
Hoglander EP Laine
Joshua Suter Heinen/Nylander
Podz Blueger PDG

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Carrier
? Myers

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
It's almost hilarious to say this considering he grew up on the mean streets of West Vancouver, but I doubt his decision will be money driven.
I don't know why people think guys like Reinhart want to "come home" so badly. It's not like he can hang around going skiing in Whistler during the season. He can live in sunny Florida and then escape that heat and enjoy Vancouver summers. He's basically getting paid millions to be a snowbird - every West Vancouverite's dream!
Brannstrom is an interesting bottom pairing target.

The Canucks were great in their own end last season, but outside of the Hughes pairing their inability to transition the puck up the ice was a big detriment in the playoffs.

If he can help in that department on a cheap, 1 year deal on the bottom pairing it would be a big boon. Team needs to make some cheap upside bets (in addition to the known need to get a regardless if they’re going to improve on last season.
Brannstrom, Boqvist, and Liljegren are all interesting options. Don't think the Canucks would be too interested given they're all pretty small guys, but they are Swedish and will come cheap, so there's that.

• Haha
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver

That’s a surprise to me - he seemed to get red hot once he joined them. Best hockey he’s played, or at least the most consistent.

Waddell isn't messing around with giving guys chances. Blue Jackets need to improve and be competitive, looks like he's being ruthless.

I think Nylander will be a decent pick up for a team as long as he goes somewhere with the right environment for him.

Reactions: BimJenning

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Nylander has talent.

Do they take a chance to have him be on EP’s wing? Or potentially even Miller?

Seems like he can play LW.

I don’t see him on the 3rd line given Joshua and Teddy are back.

And he’s not on the 4th line.

But I’d rather take a chance on someone like him who is younger with upside than someone well past it.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Brannstrom, Boqvist, and Liljegren are all interesting options. Don't think the Canucks would be too interested given they're all pretty small guys, but they are Swedish and will come cheap, so there's that.

the need to be able to pair them with hughes means only liljegren is potentially an option for us. he'd need to be a cheap gamble.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Nylander has talent.

Do they take a chance to have him be on EP’s wing? Or potentially even Miller?

Seems like he can play LW.

I don’t see him on the 3rd line given Joshua and Teddy are back.

And he’s not on the 4th line.

But I’d rather take a chance on someone like him who is younger with upside than someone well past it.
Yeah they might as well try. Sign him for cheap and see what he can do. Anything is better than Mikheyev and Lafferty.

Here's my list of notable RFAs currently without contracts. Most of these guys won't be available, but still. Didn't include guys like Jarvis who will 100% be resigning with their current teams.

0.51 - 0.69 PPG (in 23-24)
  • Necas
  • A. Nylander
  • Marchenko
  • Perfetti
  • Tolvanen

0.41 - 0.49 PPG (in 23-24)
  • Tomasino
  • Sillinger
  • McMichael
  • Bordeleau
  • McMichael

0.29 - 0.38 PPG (in 23-24)
  • K. Johnson
  • J. Drury
  • Hayton
  • Kaliyev

Zadorov in Toronto seems like a good fit for both sides.
Zadorov + Toronto media will be an absolute goldmine.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Teams can trade rights back and forth all they want. All that matters is the confirmed tag of a signing
i am skeptical tampa paid a third for guentzel's rights unless they had encouragement. if they are willing to pay his price i think they get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad