Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Guentzel has management and coaching connection here. Clearly we’ve heard VAN was his number one target at the deadline. Not saying that’s enough but I think those are reasonable connections along with some American players (Hughes, miller, boeser who shares an agent, Bluger who he’s played with and share the same agent).
His family is on the East Coast.

Who cares if some old boss lives on the other side of another country?

It makes way more sense for an East Coast team to sign him and now that Tampa is in the mix, they usually get things done when they have a chance.

Too much going for them not to.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
its been few and far between since I could post but I did a quick search and found out how to resolve the issues
I'll need to catch up on some things
WE GOT LINDHOLM
OMG WE WON THE DIVISION
f***ING OILERS

this weekend has been pretty wild especially since we have been on the sidelines the whole time, I am minority confident we get Guentzel because of the position of the team, who he would get to play alongside, who our coach and management and how high we are willing to go BUT
If the big clubs of the good ol US of A can beat our offer and have the whole tax thing benefiting them then I hope the team pivots to Mars-schictzo and a better defender

I am also open to a Patrick Laine reclamation project, if he wants out and his contract is heavy he won't cost a lot to get and his contract expires in 2 years
Laine?

Man that has to be plan G or H right?

If he was Swedish it would be one thing..........

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007

It makes way more sense for an East Coast team to sign him and now that Tampa is in the mix, they usually get things done when they have a chance.

Not necessarily say Vancouver was better. Just that Tampa may not be a done deal. There could be other teams who fit the money, compete and location factor better than Tampa.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
I'm a little annoyed the Canucks couldn't get anything for Lindholm's rights after it became apparent he wouldn't re-sign a while ago. Not even a 5th round pick for the top center in free agency.
How do we know anyone offered anything?

I think everyone basically knows he’s signing in Boston so what’s the point of having his rights?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

That "old boss" got him two cup wins, with a proven track record of success.

Add in a coach he's familiar with and that's enough to call it history.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
This was posted after they resigned Joshua but now not sure this will age well other than the Goodbye Z part:

1719762182679-png.889937

team rachel?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So... as of now we have

Hoglander - Pettersson - ***
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Aman - Podkolzin
(***)

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
*** - Juulsen
(Friedman)

Demko

4 spots to fill. You'd think Silovs and someone like Karlsson/Sasson/Raty/Bains for the other forward.
Two big holes on 1RW and 3LD
I see 5 spots as Suter can fill in on the top 6 but he isn't a full time answer and DiGiusepe ust skates around fast.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
So just to calm everyone down consider this.

If Tampa was the favorite like certain media sources said why would they trade for his rights? If they believe he was coming there why waste a 3rd round pick. Maybe just maybe they are super worried he's gonna sign somewhere else and are trying to jump in front.
I don’t think they’re the favourite per se, but they get 24 hours to convince him to not test the market. That’s a big advantage. I doubt they do the deal if he is locked down on a spot.

Surprised the Canucks wouldn’t match that price if he was their guy. A third is basically nothing relative to getting your impact player. Even if they have a leg up you would want to avoid him changing his mind between now and tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad