Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
So... as of now we have

Hoglander - Pettersson - ***
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Aman - Podkolzin
(***)

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
*** - Juulsen
(Friedman)

Demko

4 spots to fill. You'd think Silovs and someone like Karlsson/Sasson/Raty/Bains for the other forward.
Two big holes on 1RW and 3LD

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Well, I guess we’ll find out one way or another.

I’m a bit surprised their felt compelled to buy his rights. I thought there may have already been a nudge-nudge wink-wink agreement.

This actually suggests to me that Tampa is not the 100% slam dunk that I thought it was.
[REDRACTED]

Last edited:

dez

Mar 3, 2012
All but done now, Tampa is probably where his family chose. Trade for Reinhart's rights Baldy.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
This offseason is going to be the same as after the Bubble when you had a ton of moment and then it came to a screeching halt due to the lack of necessary moves.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm a little annoyed the Canucks couldn't get anything for Lindholm's rights after it became apparent he wouldn't re-sign a while ago. Not even a 5th round pick for the top center in free agency.

If I had to guess, it's because there's already a handshake deal with Boston in play and teams know that's where he's going. So they're just not bothering to try convincing him otherwise.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
I'm a little annoyed the Canucks couldn't get anything for Lindholm's rights after it became apparent he wouldn't re-sign a while ago. Not even a 5th round pick for the top center in free agency.
Don't get the impression the market is huge given how he apparently values himself. Who else but Boston has even been linked to him?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Allvin dropping the ball.

First the TDL where they needed another forward.

Re-signed Myers.

Draft, sat there shining his head for two days.

Now anyone that would have made a difference seems to be going elsewhere.

Team has no assets to trade so that’s not an option.

Really disappointing.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
This offseason is going to be the same as after the Bubble when you had a ton of moment and then it came to a screeching halt due to the lack of necessary moves.
Almost the entire team is already coming back minus the mid-season/deadline-ish acquisitions.

Allvin dropping the ball.

First the TDL where they needed another forward.

Re-signed Myers.

Draft, sat there shining his head for two days.

Now anyone that would have made a difference seems to be going elsewhere.

Team has no assets to trade so that’s not an option.

Really disappointing.
Do you find it uncomfortable sleeping on plastic sheets?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Been a fan since 1996. I poured my heart and soul into this franchise but this is the final straw. Bald is no longer in. Missing out on Guentzel is criminal.

Consider this my resignation.

You will find me rooting for my new team in the Columbus Blue Jackets forum. Go Rick Nash!

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Losing out on Guentzel would suck - both of managements targets had their rights acquired.

Curious to see what the contingency plan is, assuming he does sign in Tampa Bay today.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Like I said yesterday - I don’t think Tampa clears out all that cap if they weren’t sure they were getting their man.

It’s not done until it’s done - but especially giving up a 3rd, this feels like a possible sign and trade.

Reactions: Diamonddog01
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad