Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Arvidsson and someone else to the Canucks if they don't get Guentzel. A trade for Buchnevich would be unreal.

Edmonton ain't signing shit. $9 million for 2 3rd liners, 3 4th liners, and to re-sign Broberg. They need to get rid of Campbell so bad.

They also gotta extend Bouchard and Draisaitl too right?

Or maybe they'll just go yolo and make one more push without extensions for those two?

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Arvidsson and someone else to the Canucks if they don't get Guentzel. A trade for Buchnevich would be unreal.

Edmonton ain't signing shit. $9 million for 2 3rd liners, 3 4th liners, and to re-sign Broberg. They need to get rid of Campbell so bad.
Heard Jamie Dodd suggest trying to extract Barbashev from Vegas when they inevitably can't keep it in their pants again and make a big splash. Cause they always gotta knife someone in the back.

Reactions: ameselare

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012

Or maybe they'll just go yolo and make one more push without extensions for those two?
Next year they gotta extend those 2. Only relief is Ceci off the books then. The Campbell and Nurse contracts will destroy that team after this season. Drai's gotta see the writing on the wall.

Heard Jamie Dodd suggest trying to extract Barbashev from Vegas when they inevitably can't keep it in their pants again and make a big splash.
Yeah I like that - if I'm Allvin, I make those bitches pay me for taking a contract of their hands and use that as ammo to get Buchnevich. Absolute Giga brain move.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Next year they gotta extend those 2. Only relief is Ceci off the books then. The Campbell and Nurse contracts will destroy that team after this season. Drai's gotta see the writing on the wall.

Yeah I like that - if I'm Allvin, I make those bitches pay me for taking a contract of their hands and use that as ammo to get Buchnevich. Absolute Giga brain move.
They have a lot. It's savvy to target them. Something gotta shake out. Maybe not.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Bouchard and Draisaitl both entering their contract year, I'm guessing that Draisaitl gonna command 14 mil while Bouchard will ask for 10 mil. And like you said their current projected cap space is 9 mil. Buying out Campbell gives them 3.9 mils for this upcoming season and...

Still don't see how this can be worked out.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Bouchard and Draisaitl both entering their contract year, I'm guessing that Draisaitl gonna command 14 mil while Bouchard will ask for 10 mil. And like you said their current projected cap space is 9 mil. Buying out Campbell gives them 3.9 mils for this upcoming season and...

Still don't see how this can be worked out.
The dumbest thing they did was trade their first next year. Should've been used as ammunition to get rid of Campbell. If I'm McDavid or Drai, I'm f***ing pissed at how badly the team is managed. Those 2 dragged the corpse of that organization to the finals and the window looks so short because of management.

Great for us here.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The dumbest thing they did was trade their first next year. Should've been used as ammunition to get rid of Campbell. If I'm McDavid or Drai, I'm f***ing pissed at how badly the team is managed. Those 2 dragged the corpse of that organization to the finals and the window looks so short because of management.

Great for us here.

14 mil between Campbel and Nurse, I still can't wrap my head around that.

Not only do you chop a leg off of your own cap space, but now you set Nurse's 9 mil as standard for your defense man, how the f*** can you negotiate anything lower sitting across the table from Bouchard???

Stuart Skinner's 2.6 mil looks like such a bargain in comparison to Campbell too.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
All this 11th hour talk about Sam Reinhart...

hawkeye-clint-barton.gif

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
With Reinhart, you question how much of the 24 more goals than his previous career high of 33 is real. You question if his 67pts the year prior or the 80-90pt guy is the one you’ll get in Vancouver.

Reinhart is a very good two-way player that is a good PKer as well, though as a faceoff guy, he’s usually sub-50, and not a true center.
The funny thing is, there wasn't a dramatic change in total shots this year vs last, and he actually had 11 more HD shots in 22/23 than he had this year....he just converted those to goals way more frequently this year (35.1%) than last year (14.8%). There is almost no chance he converts at this rate over a season again.

I like the player and if he wants to come home and play in Vancouver, it probably makes sense to kick the tires. I don't think it works unless he's willing to take less than $10MM.

If money is the same I'd prefer him to Guentzel because he's a RHS, a better special teams fit and there may be an option to put him at C. He hasn't played there recently in Florida because he's had so much chemistry with Barkov....though he's a far better 2 way player than he was in Buffalo, so it may work to move him back. He's also a year younger....and not tiny.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
@SopelFanThe3rd I can't handle all of this alone and let's (open)face it- the more the merrier. Hope ya like baloney mr. rea. :P

PS
Your username is undefeated all time in always making me think of MENS REA
My brain does work in such a way, beware that I will lead you down a dark path only for you to be the guilty party as I will feign ignorance. 😂

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

no chance they allow draisaitl to not extend.

guessing he will stay, the $14m number is probably right. tbh a risky contract for a guy nearing 30 but they have no choice lol.

i've been a bigger fan of evan bouchard than anyone, but nearly $20m to him and darnell nurse is not feasible for a cup contending team under a $200m cap, much less sub-$90m

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If money is the same I'd prefer him to Guentzel because he's a RHS, a better special teams fit and there may be an option to put him at C. He hasn't played there recently in Florida because he's had so much chemistry with Barkov....though he's a far better 2 way player than he was in Buffalo, so it may work to move him back. He's also a year younger....and not tiny.

Interesting, I'm taking Guentzel.

Reinhart is no longer a centre, imo. He stopped playing C back in BUF before he even got to FLA (iirc). There is a trade off in his ability to create off the rush that he would lose moving back to the middle and being lower in the zone. Further, if the goal is to get Pettersson a running mate, moving Reinhart to C here makes little sense anyway.

Next, by P/G rate, Guentzel has been the more productive player over his career.

Third, size difference for either is largely irrelevant as they each play to find space on the ice.

Fourth, age difference of 1 year is marginal considering a 3 year window for VAN is paramount. Beyond that, not sure it's material.

I actually think that a left shot LW is more a need for this team than a right shot RW. The bumper spot that Horvat vacated on the PP needs a replacement and a right shot would create a similar incongruency that we saw with Lindholm/Garland there. It would still work, but not to the level of having the opposing shot, imo.

Last, I trust Guentzel's ability to produce in the playoffs more than I do Reinhart.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Last, I trust Guentzel's ability to produce in the playoffs far more than I do Reinhart.

to me this is the only argument for guentzel, but it is an important consideration for sure

on every other consideration i side with reinhart, including him being able to pinch in as a RHS for late game faceoffs

i’ll be honest that i didn’t love him in this year’s playoffs but in last season’s run he really impressed me both in being their most consistent play driver, even if he wasn’t their highest scorer, and really turned my head in terms of many little things he did away from the puck

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
to me this is the only argument for guentzel, but it is an important consideration for sure

on every other consideration i side with reinhart, including him being able to pinch in as a RHS for late game faceoffs

i’ll be honest that i didn’t love him in this year’s playoffs but in last season’s run he really impressed me both in being their most consistent play driver, even if he wasn’t their highest scorer, and really turned my head in terms of many little things he did away from the puck

How about the bumper position on the PP? That too will better ensure his production here.

I think the other factors in Reinhart's favour have a marginal impact. He's the more rounded talent, I like him too, but I'm taking the lazer focused solution over the swiss army knife.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Another Friedman update, another with zero Canucks tidbits. Whatever the Canucks have got planned, they aren’t spilling.

He thinks Tanev gets $4Mx6 in Toronto. Says Guentzel is Tampa’s top target.

Friedman has been pushing Tampa hard for Guentzel. Seravelli is still saying Vancouver. Let's see who gets it right.

Nov 1, 2011
I don't know how they can have any idea of anything until July 1. The Drai thing. Unless he's already committed and has said so.

If I’m Bouchard, I put a $11.5m x 8 extension on the table right now, tell them if they don’t accept, you’re planning to go UFA in a year.

Don’t get a chance in coming down after that playoffs. Jump the line on Drai.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
If I’m Bouchard, I put a $11.5m x 8 extension on the table right now, tell them if they don’t accept, you’re planning to go UFA in a year.

Get bag

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

"Look Evan, you're an invaluable piece to this organiza..."

"You're f***ing paying Darnell 9 million, do you think I'm stupid?"

EDIT: Bouchard will be RFA so it's not AS bad.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Friedman has been pushing Tampa hard for Guentzel. Seravelli is still saying Vancouver. Let's see who gets it right.
Both of them are access journalists fundamentally. Each is pushing a narrative for their sources. So it's not a matter of who is actually most right, it's a matter of whose reporting here is least compromised 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad