Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I feel that too. Getting him and say Dillon would really be a problem for teams to face. That depth in the back would be muy bueno.

Up front my wishlist, would be Stamkos, and sherwood haha. Obviously totally contingent on them actually wanting or willing to play here.

Also I'm prepared to go into the season with just filling in the backend, and striking out up front if it happens. Nothing wrong with going into the season with capspace, it's a long year, and that's just extra ammo to add from other teams selling eventually. The team as is should still be very competitive, not adding one play isn't gonna make or break that out the gates
If we can't add a big forward up front yet (and I am up for bolstering the Defence too), then I'd put EP in between Joshua and Garland for the time being. Figure out the bottom nine with the players we have left over, try to get EP really going. See what kind of forwards shake loose during the season.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
If we can't add a big forward up front yet (and I am up for bolstering the Defence too), then I'd put EP in between Joshua and Garland for the time being. Figure out the bottom nine with the players we have left over, try to get EP really going. See what kind of forwards shake loose during the season.
Please this. I like Petey with those two in a figure it out dealio while we patiently work to add that top lineup talent.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Guentzel is the higher talent - but Reinhart can play C and W. Canucks love having C depth, was part of why they liked Lindholm.
With Reinhart, you question how much of the 24 more goals than his previous career high of 33 is real. You question if his 67pts the year prior or the 80-90pt guy is the one you’ll get in Vancouver.

Reinhart is a very good two-way player that is a good PKer as well, though as a faceoff guy, he’s usually sub-50, and not a true center.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Please this. I like Petey with those two in a figure it out dealio while we patiently work to add that top lineup talent.
Yea, no need to prematurely blow their whole load on a long term relationship. As fans I know we all just want action action action, but I trust this management group to hopefully not do some stupid shit that comes bites them in the ass in short order. Lol

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
This off season is really going to determine if we call Tanev dad or not moving forward.

If he actually does love this team, and tried forcing Calgary to trade him here at the TDL (while being Quinn's bffl), he's going to sign here.

If he doesn't, oh well... he can join the long list of ex canucks who we will forget about. Your move 'dad'
I mean the break up was our fault, can’t blame the guy if he doesn’t want to get back with an ex that left him on the streets. The man had to move to Alberta. He has pain and may need more time to heal.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I mean the break up was our fault, can’t blame the guy if he doesn’t want to get back with an ex that left him on the streets. The man had to move to Alberta. He has pain and may need more time to heal.

Our fault? How is it OUR fault?
image.jpeg.695d7f35a69e3d10eb18fed203b1d261.jpeg

Reactions: oceanchild

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Look at the innocence here. This is before he had to deal with Messier, Keenan, Cloutier, Benning. This child does not know the pain that is coming his way, and I wish we could warn him. Protect him. Shelter him.

Who knew that innocence would lead to the hiring of Jim Benning.
It will be extremely interesting to me if Tanev reaches FA. He'd have declined DAL and TOR at that point and we offer the best combo of winning and life fit.

With rumors of him getting as much as 4×5m I didn't expect us to be in on him, but throwing 7x3m to Tanev for a LTIRetirement contract would be really tempting to me.

Hamhuis Part Deux.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Yea, no need to prematurely blow their whole load on a long term relationship. As fans I know we all just want action action action, but I trust this management group to hopefully not do some stupid shit that comes bites them in the ass in short order. Lol
@SopelFanThe3rd I can't handle all of this alone and let's (open)face it- the more the merrier. Hope ya like baloney mr. rea. :P

PS
Your username is undefeated all time in always making me think of MENS REA

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With Reinhart, you question how much of the 24 more goals than his previous career high of 33 is real. You question if his 67pts the year prior or the 80-90pt guy is the one you’ll get in Vancouver.

Reinhart is a very good two-way player that is a good PKer as well, though as a faceoff guy, he’s usually sub-50, and not a true center.

Oh, I don’t think he’s a 50 goal guy at all. I think he’s more in the realm of 25-35 goals, 60-70 points.

But if he can provide positional versatility, two way play, and solid offense on Petey’s wing in that vein, he’d still be worth it.

Not a whole lot connecting him to the Canucks other than one whisper of a report and the fact that he’s from here. I still expect him to re up in Florida. But still.

I still think Guentzel is target number 1 for us. Rutherford sets his targets and goes hard for them. If he gets to market, Rutherford will want to make his pitch.

Reactions: David71

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Imagine being a team in need of a goalie and Carter Hart becomes a free agent now cuz Philly doesn't want bad press to qualify him and you can't even make a pitch cuz.... well you know.

Though watch the Oilers sign Hart and Foote. Lol

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004

Honestly I get it...

I'd be bitter to if I had to live in Alberta aka Canada's waste bin.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Canucks love having C depth, was part of why they liked Lindholm.

yeah, and despite getting blueger locked up, i wonder if they'll have any interest in the other former big name flame center traded at the deadline - sean monahan.

obviously fizzed out in the playoffs with winnipeg, but there was a short stretch where people were annoyed we traded for lindholm over him. i think he doesn't really fit a need for us, and we'd probably get outbid by a team like washington, but if he's down for another short-term low dollar deal, i'd take him for the fourth line in a suter-like role. if he was an rh, it'd be better, so maybe the fit isn't there regardless.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
it is interesting Reinhart isn’t signed yet, why leave it so late? reports were this was a done deal
a lot of these things can and do strike the very last minute (the actual deadline to get things done is the last moment of free agency, where the player has the most leverage).

but it is interesting a lot of players you figured were safe to stay are going to the brink. Florida penny pinching with championship components? Reinhart exacting every last dollar from his championship forever home, leaving the team capped out? The player angling for free agency does not seem so farfetched when considering the remaining possibilities.

contrast it with the Canucks, who worked out deals with all their guys who had a mutual desire to stay all before the draft.

Reactions: ProviesGhost

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I think they'll re-sign Cole for $2.5 million or so and maybe bring in Klingberg or Barrie on a one year cheap deal. The rest of their cap will go to Guentzel and if they don't land him then they'll trade for Ehlers or Laine.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
On another note - it wouldn’t totally shock me if Arvidsson ended up in Edmonton.

Arvidsson and someone else to the Canucks if they don't get Guentzel. A trade for Buchnevich would be unreal.

Edmonton ain't signing shit. $9 million for 2 3rd liners, 3 4th liners, and to re-sign Broberg. They need to get rid of Campbell so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad