Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Who knows what's true but with Tanev rumors of Toronto dropping there drawers for him I'd move on. Matt Roy hopefully is one of Canucks options and would be a great get to solidify the D for years on the right side. Would love Guentzal but wouldn't be mad if we lost out on paying a winger 9 mil per into his late 30's. Might be better to go the trade market and get someone younger and cheaper.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Oilers? They barely have any cap space and half the team are UFAs. Nurse and Ceci are staying, McDavid likes them. Nurse is one of McDavid's groomsmen this summer (I believe) and Friedge has stated multiple times that "the players" vouched for Ceci when he was in trade rumours earlier this year/last year. McDavid, Draisaitl & co. run that entire organization.

They ditch Ceci for a pick in around 30 seconds if it meant signing Roy.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I recall back in the days when TSN had this panel called "The Reporters" or something, Freidman was the only person who didn't sound bat shit bananas.

But of course if you just let that moron Steve Simmons talk first, anyone can sound like Albert f***ing Einstein.

Ah yes, I remember. Hosted by Dave Hodge.

They'd have their segments on TDL day and Free Agent Frenzy.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If Roy would come to Van, you make that happen. And then you use any money left over and Garland and (possibly Hoglander) to bring in a bigger forward fish.

Reactions: rea

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
It will be extremely interesting to me if Tanev reaches FA. He'd have declined DAL and TOR at that point and we offer the best combo of winning and life fit.

With rumors of him getting as much as 4×5m I didn't expect us to be in on him, but throwing 7x3m to Tanev for a LTIRetirement contract would be really tempting to me.

Reactions: oceanchild

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It will be extremely interesting to me if Tanev reaches FA. He'd have declined DAL and TOR at that point and we offer the best combo of winning and life fit.

With rumors of him getting as much as 4×5m I didn't expect us to be in on him, but throwing 7x3m to Tanev for a LTIRetirement contract would be really tempting to me.

I’m feeling this way about Reinhart. If he hits market I think we’re in the running.

Reactions: David71

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Friedman has never worked for TSN.

I remember it was a TSN panel or maybe a TSN-sponsored segment, because I watched it a few times on the old school TSN website, back when everything was tight and clear. Freidmen might have appeared just as a guest? Either way, I remember Freidman, and Simmons, plus this skinny old guy who sounded almost unintelligible.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Report is that he’s getting at least 6 years from Toronto

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Because he's from here and we're a good team, or do you have any other reasons? Not being snarky, genuinely curious

I just have a hard time finding a reason he wouldn’t sign a rather lucrative offer with the Panthers outside of possibly wanting to come play at home. They are apparently offering him what is expected to be the highest UFA contract this year, so doesn’t sound like it’s a money thing. Could be over tomorrow though.

Reactions: ameselare

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
If we lose out on the Guentzel/Reinhart/Tanev/Roy/Montour etc sweepstakes, I'd keep an eye on these teams during the season... They'll all likely be middling to bad and possibly willing to ship guys out mid-season:

Kraken
Blues
Flyers
Penguins
Capitals

Interesting mix of options on those teams.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If Reinhart hits the market it would mean the Panthers are out and the Canucks would 100% be the front runners.

I would agree. It’s curious he hasn’t signed there yet.

Guentzel and Reinhart are targets 1 and 2 up front, I think. It gets stranger if we miss out on those two.

Also, just to be chaotic…interesting that in all the talk of Zadorov going to market, Allvin had nothing to say about Lindholm. Seems to be universally understood he’s gone, but still.

And I also wonder who (if anyone) we target on D.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I would agree. It’s curious he hasn’t signed there yet.

Guentzel and Reinhart are targets 1 and 2 up front, I think. It gets stranger if we miss out on those two.

Also, just to be chaotic…interesting that in all the talk of Zadorov going to market, Allvin had nothing to say about Lindholm. Seems to be universally understood he’s gone, but still.

And I also wonder who (if anyone) we target on D.
I’m expecting a Lindholm signing by the Bruins one minute after FA opens.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Honestly....

Give Matt Roy 6 million, give Debrusk 5 million, and then give the remaining to Zadorov.

Hog-EP-Debrusk
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Aman-xx-Podkolzin

Hughes-Hronek
Zadorov-Roy
Soucy-Myers

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Guentzel is the higher talent - but Reinhart can play C and W. Canucks love having C depth, was part of why they liked Lindholm.
Reinhart got Selke votes this year. If that wasn't just Barkov carrying him, and Petey-Reinhart could be Barkov-Reinhart lite, that's a no brainer for me.

I think him not signing in Florida yet has more to do with post-cup partying and a bit of free agent FOMO, but it would be very interesting if he actually doesn't re-sign there.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Assuming contracts are equal, who does everyone take between Reinhart and Guentzel?

Reinhart finished 4th in Selke voting this year, is a right shot, and plays C/W. I’d be all over that, but he could cost like $1M more per season than Guentzel. But if you liked what Lindholm brought wait till you get ahold of Reinhart.

Last edited:
Reactions: VanillaCoke

rea

Feb 8, 2011
If Roy would come to Van, you make that happen. And then you use any money left over and Garland and (possibly Hoglander) to bring in a bigger forward fish.
I feel that too. Getting him and say Dillon would really be a problem for teams to face. That depth in the back would be muy bueno.

Up front my wishlist, would be Stamkos, and sherwood haha. Obviously totally contingent on them actually wanting or willing to play here.

Also I'm prepared to go into the season with just filling in the backend, and striking out up front if it happens. Nothing wrong with going into the season with capspace, it's a long year, and that's just extra ammo to add from other teams selling eventually. The team as is should still be very competitive, not adding one play isn't gonna make or break that out the gates

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Honestly....

Give Matt Roy 6 million, give Debrusk 5 million, and then give the remaining to Zadorov.

Hog-EP-Debrusk
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Aman-xx-Podkolzin

Hughes-Hronek
Zadorov-Roy
Soucy-Myers
We don't have enough cap space for that. And we still need to re-sign Silovs.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I'm f***ing irritated that Pittsburgh is dragging this shit out because Updated is probably the single most impactful player I believe we could realistically add. I say realistic as in he's relatively ancient and his team is clearly finished. But he's all romantic with that one team crap. 😭
Hahaha…. Crosby would look good in a nucks uniform.

• Love
Reactions: LandfiII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad