Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Joshua at $3.5M maybe ... anything higher, no thanks. The Canucks obviously aren't interested even at the low-end of that salary range though.

Milstein not being able to get Zadorov signed like he wants due to his other client's contract (Mikheyev) is somewhat funny.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Thing with Skinner "not being a Tocchet guy""...neither was Boeser not that long ago. Whether it's Skinner or some other reclamation project, I've got a lot of confidence in this coaching staff and dressing room to push the right buttons and get everyone pulling in the same direction.

Feel it's a competitive advantage we have over many other teams, and one we need to tap into due to our cap constraints.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

-has heard whispers that the Red Wings are looking at John Gibson
-others say it's a bigger move for the Red Wings
-Guentzel is on the Red Wings radar
-Kings aggresively interested in Guentzel
-Maple Leafs talking to Liljegren but is also available for trade
-teams poking around Cole Perfetti
-Predators, Oilers, Sharks, Utah HC, Flames, and Devils all interested in Sean Walker
-Predators want to upgrade their blueline and add a top-6 scorer
-Henrique likely to hit free agency
-Golden Knights and Marchessault continue to talk
-no contract talks between Islanders and Brock Nelson yet
-Canadiens open to trading Joel Armia and Christian Dvorak

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I have a feeling we make a trade with Tampa Bay.

They are in desperate need of cap space so they can re-sign Stamkos.

Perhaps we go after Cirelli to replace Lindholm or Jeanot to replace Joshua if he prices himself out of Van.

I can see Tampa wanting Hoglander. Cheap and productive.

Maybe something like:

Hoglander , Mikhayev , 2025 3rd pick

for

Cirelli and Jeannot

Opens up about 4ish mil for Tampa.

Our 3rd line would be set and then we go hunting for wingers in the top 6.

Garland-Cirelli-Jeanot would be an excellent 3rd line and would be a pain to play against in the playoffs. Cirelli has Selke like qualities in him.
That would be a $13.87m 3rd line, we can't afford that luxury even if we are able to dump Mik in the process. That leaves us with less than $7m for 2 wingers for Petey, a 2RD and 3LD, assuming you leave Juulsen as 3RD, and still needing a backup goalie.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
tampa aren't going to make a cap dump trade to move a productive player to resign stamkos. they wouldn't have reacquired mcdonagh if they planned to keep stamkos

I disagree, I think they acquired Mcdonough because they fully know they can move Cirelli. Theyve probably had months of conversation with teams already regarding moving AC.

Stamkos isnt going anywhere. He is still highly productive and a huge face of the franchise and the community in Tampa.

Tampa has won their cups, they arent going to let go of their legacy players because they wanted to keep Cirelli and Jeanot for example.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don’t think 3.5 for Joshua is silly by any means.

I can easily see a world where teams look back and say, wow, that’s all it took?

Buut it’s also very risky given the term required and I do understand why there’s a preference to walk away given the preference to keep cap open to take a shot at an elite forward.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Hardest pass imaginable on Skinner unless he's taking a 1-year deal at $2 million because he wants to finally play for a playoff team or something like that.

Guy absolutely fell off a cliff in the 2nd half last year and is 32 years old.
It's all spitballing, but skinner at 2 on the Miller line, Toffolli on EP's wing, Joshua and Blueger re-signed, Suter centering the 4th line - all of that probably leaves space for Zad and another top 4 Dman.

But who knows. And Skinner does not inspire great confidence.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
tampa aren't going to make a cap dump trade to move a productive player to resign stamkos. they wouldn't have reacquired mcdonagh if they planned to keep stamkos
That Cirelli contract looks iffy. He's an excellent 3C guy but his offensive upside is rather limited. I could see them trading Cirelli to another franchise that wants to roll the dice on him, and in exchange wanting a young prospect/player (cost controlled) with a higher offensive upside (Hoglander as an example).

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Hardest pass imaginable on Skinner unless he's taking a 1-year deal at $2 million because he wants to finally play for a playoff team or something like that.

Guy absolutely fell off a cliff in the 2nd half last year and is 32 years old.

He's also only 1 season removed from being PPG+ and has scored 24/35/33 goals in his last 3 years.

But yeah, 1 year @ $2m is sorta what I expect his contract to look like (unless he signs a cheap 3 year deal somewhere he wants to end his career with - lord knows he doesn't need any more money).

Simple fact is, we are going to need to hit on one or two of these kinds of contracts if we want to improve our roster for next season.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He's also only 1 season removed from being PPG+ and has scored 24/35/33 goals in his last 3 years.

But yeah, 1 year @ $2m is sorta what I expect his contract to look like (unless he signs a cheap 3 year deal somewhere he wants to end his career with - lord knows he doesn't need any more money).

Simple fact is, we are going to need to hit on one or two of these kinds of contracts if we want to improve our roster for next season.

Agree that $2m or less I would look at Skinner.

Would rather Toffoli or Arvidsson if we are indeed out on Guentzel.

Would also hope we are able to retain Joshua, especially if we are out on Guentzel.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Agree that $2m or less I would look at Skinner.

Would rather Toffoli or Arvidsson if we are indeed out on Guentzel.

Would also hope we are able to retain Joshua, especially if we are out on Guentzel.
We could almost certainly do Skinner, one of Toff or Arvid, Joshua AND Zad if we aren't blowing our wad on Guentzel, and if we somehow manage to move on from Mikheyev.

Lots of ifs, I know.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
I disagree, I think they acquired Mcdonough because they fully know they can move Cirelli. Theyve probably had months of conversation with teams already regarding moving AC.

Stamkos isnt going anywhere. He is still highly productive and a huge face of the franchise and the community in Tampa.

Tampa has won their cups, they arent going to let go of their legacy players because they wanted to keep Cirelli and Jeanot for example.

maybe they move cirelli to resign stamkos but they don't move him to save 1.5m in cap by taking on mikheyev for just hoglander and a 3rd. hoglander and a 3rd probably doesn't get you cirelli even without mikheyev in the deal

Reactions: sting101

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Hard pass on Joshua @3.5m idk why he's so overrated here but he's got one good season on a great fit and 28.

Mgmt assessment of him is spot on, he should take the 200% raise and stay in said ideal situation.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hard pass on Joshua @3.5m idk why he's so overrated here but he's got one good season on a great fit and 28.

Mgmt assessment of him is spot on, he should take the 200% raise and stay in said ideal situation.

Oof.

I think even if he caps out as a good third-line player with 15ish goals and 30ish points per year, while being a PK stalwart and a physical handful for other teams, anything up to $4M is a nice deal for him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Skinner is a terrifying player to me. He's soft, poor defensively, 32 years old, in decline, and had an absolutely horrible 2nd half to last season. And has multiple years of being unplayably bad in his recent past before his surprise resurgence a couple years ago.

I also worry about losing what made us successful last year if we're letting go of Joshuas and adding slow, soft skill players like Toffoli and Skinner.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
maybe they move cirelli to resign stamkos but they don't move him to save 1.5m in cap by taking on mikheyev for just hoglander and a 3rd. hoglander and a 3rd probably doesn't get you cirelli even without mikheyev in the deal
yes the Jeannot contract is far from that much negative value if any to accommodate Mikhayev

Skinner is a terrifying player to me. He's soft, poor defensively, 32 years old, in decline, and had an absolutely horrible 2nd half to last season. And has multiple years of being unplayably bad in his recent past before his surprise resurgence a couple years ago.

I also worry about losing what made us successful last year if we're letting go of Joshuas and adding slow, soft skill players like Toffoli and Skinner.
Skinner at 2-3 million short term could be a bargain though. I'm hoping we can find a placeholder for Lekkerimaki not a legacy contract that blocks him and then messes up our ability to improve and adjust the next couple off seasons

Reactions: alternate

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Skinner at 2-3 million short term could be a bargain though. I'm hoping we can find a placeholder for Lekkerimaki not a legacy contract that blocks him and then messes up our ability to improve and adjust the next couple off seasons

If you get him cheap enough, he could be a bargain on paper. I'm not sure that he's a player you win with even if you sign him for cheap and he spots you 50 points.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If we move on from Joshua and we dont currently have a legit 3c, they why not move Garland up to 2nd line to play with Petey and just completely rebuild the 3rd line featuring Mikhayev and Podkolzin

Hoglander- Miller-Boeser
Guentzel? Ep40- Garland
Mikhayev-xxx- Podkolzin
PDG- Suter- Karlsson
Aman

I dont think that lineup is big and rugged enough for Toch's liking but we can make trades and additions during the season much like we did last year with Z and Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad