Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Joshua had a fantastic season but you can't blame management for being leery of paying him big money.

Despite finally working his way into a solid roster position the previous season for the first time in his career (at the age of 27), he showed up to camp out of shape. What level will his motivation be when he's got that "never have to work again" money guaranteed?

There is lots of downside risk here and a smaller amount of upside that he may be a late blooming middle six player. I can understand why the team doesn't want to get into the 3m range or higher.
Agree with this but he's certainly worth 3-3.25 and if he signed that for 4yrs with sincerity about not resting on his laurels i would do it instantly. Comps like Luostarainen Paul Rasmussen all make the same and his and Garlands chemistry plus his physicality makes us a deeper multi dimensional team

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'm not sure I want to sign Boeser until he's 36. Can't see him being effective at that age.

I'm hoping for more of a 5-6 year extension, and hope the last few years will encourage Boeser to sign at a team friendly AAV. The team having another successful year in 24/25 will go a long way towards that happening.

Boeser's brain and talent will allow for a smoother decline, but fair point. If he takes 5-6 years at a $7m~ AAV, great. If not, I'd be prepared to go long and use the cap increase to inflate that cost away.

If the window is now, they can't worry too much about max term on a 27/28 core player. After all, Miller will be 36 at the end of his deal and Guentzel's deal will take him to that age range as well.

Reactions: Peen

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Skinner. Geez. Maybe he would come cheap? Guy can score, but talk about up and down. They would honestly need to re-sign Joshua to ride shotgun on a line with EP and Skinner.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Skinner. Geez. Maybe he would come cheap? Guy can score, but talk about up and down. They would honestly need to re-sign Joshua to ride shotgun on a line with EP and Skinner.

I'd be looking at Skinner to replace Suter with JTM-BB, allowing Pius to be with Garland on the 3rd line.

Feel JTM would be the right motivation for Ski ner as a linemate.

Would still need to add someone to play with Petey, but the expectation would be Skinner comes cheap.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Joshua one is interesting. The market for him is just so high that even if he wants to stay, he’d probably be putting like $3-5M total earnings on the table which is not insignificant. For a journeyman like him, the fit is so good on this team but he’s earned it. Priced himself out

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I get the feeling Mikheyev will be bought out tomorrow and the Zadorov signing will be made soon afterwards.

Dhaliwal said he would be " shocked" if Mikhayev gets bought out.

Ferraro also said the Canucks shouldnt go after Skinner unless the contract is very very cheap (which it wont) because Skinner is the opposite of a Tochett type.

Reactions: Vector

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I have a feeling we make a trade with Tampa Bay.

They are in desperate need of cap space so they can re-sign Stamkos.

Perhaps we go after Cirelli to replace Lindholm or Jeanot to replace Joshua if he prices himself out of Van.

I can see Tampa wanting Hoglander. Cheap and productive.

Maybe something like:

Hoglander , Mikhayev , 2025 3rd pick

for

Cirelli and Jeannot

Opens up about 4ish mil for Tampa.

Our 3rd line would be set and then we go hunting for wingers in the top 6.

Garland-Cirelli-Jeanot would be an excellent 3rd line and would be a pain to play against in the playoffs. Cirelli has Selke like qualities in him.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Dhaliwal said he would be " shocked" if Mikhayev gets bought out.

Ferraro also said the Canucks shouldnt go after Skinner unless the contract is very very cheap (which it wont) because Skinner is the opposite of a Tochett type.

I'd be shocked as well, but I was also shocked by the OEL buyout so you never know.

Reactions: Hodgy

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Its hillarious listening to Ferraro being interviewed locally and being asked Canuck questions..

His wife is Cammy Granato so they obviously have dinner conversations or pillow talk about business.

Don and Dhalli asked Ferraro if the Canucks should be worried that Z and Joshua can walk on free agnecy....Ferraro calmly answers "no" lol ....like the dude obviously knows something.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Top-6 Winger Options:
-Rutherford draft Jeff Skinner
-Canucks are looking high and low for a top-6 winger
-interested in Toffoli
-looking for a finisher
-called Skinner "dirt cheap"
-doesn't know if the Canucks can do Guentzel

Zadorov:
-will remain open minded and not rule anything out
-no talks
-agent is hoping for a final offer
-Dhaliwal interprets this as Zadorov really wants to return
-thinks Milstein "knows something that we don't know" about staying

Joshua:
-doesn't feel the same glimmer of hope with Joshua as he does with Zadorov
-not hearing anything positive
-has clearly outpriced himself
-starting to hear "silly numbers" then says 3.5m, 3.75m, and 4m
-feel they can develop another player like him
-not hearing any progress or signs of hope

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It would be really frustrating to buyout Mikheyev and leave us with 7m in dead cap space next year for a guy that's only got two years left on his deal. I'd rather try to retain some salary in a trade, it would have the same effect with less of a strain on next off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad